• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

'Miss' System need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have been working on an ORPG for 8 months now and it is starting to take shape. For my map I need a 'miss' system, but I just can't get one working. I already have the miss system setup but I can't get the attacking unit to actually miss. :? Any suggestions?

Level 5
What you could do is give the unit 100% evasion, and every unit a custom critical strike (no miss enabled, 1 x normal damage). Then you can change the chance of each unit's critical strike to give each unit type a different accuracy.

Level 1
Here's how my system works. It gets your attack rating and the defending monster's lvl. I then assign a % according to the lvl of monster and a % to the attack rating. Then it is [50 + %attack - %lvl]. Then the trigger rolls a d100 and if the d100 is lower than the hit%, he hits else he misses.

I want to avoid using ability's such as evasion because 1) it takes 1 of the 7 ability slots and 2) what if the defending monster has more than 1 player attacking it? Because 1 missed they all miss.

I need a way I can make the attacking unit miss by trigger. And please no 'add ability' suggestions (Read above). A JASS of 'Add Buff' would be nice.

PS: I already have a system in place to show the damage dealt to a monster.

Level 3
There's a sample d&d combat system in the maps somewhere on this site, I think in systems, which does this. It uses a dummy unit that casts curse on the unit that is supposed to miss. The curse only lasts 1 second so it's enough to make that attack miss and then go away. That may be what you're looking for.

Level 1
There's a sample d&d combat system in the maps somewhere on this site, I think in systems, which does this. It uses a dummy unit that casts curse on the unit that is supposed to miss. The curse only lasts 1 second so it's enough to make that attack miss and then go away. That may be what you're looking for.

That is actually exactly what I was trying to do and it was my original system for missing but the dummy caster doesn't cast curse fast enough. The casting for the curse ability time was set to 0. The attacking Unit would finish his attack then he'd get the curse spell on him. :(

There's no fonction to cast a spell instantly. Wish there was.

Level 1
I am happy to say I finally found the problem with the dummy casting system. The curse would be to late the 'Animation Damage Point' was set to 0.234 on the unit. I simply changed it to 0.500 and voila! it works! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.