• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mirror Image Kind of Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone was up for making a spell for me. This is what i want. I want to be able to cast it like a regular mirror image (just clicking on the ability without having to select a target). I want it to dispel buffs. Heres the problem, i want it to be able to summon more than one, somewhat like in Dota with the spell Conjure Image, so when you cast it you can have a few at a time, not just one. If you think you can do this let me know. Thanks =)

Level 4
ive tried that, but the problem is, you cant summon more than one without the previous disappearing. unless im really stupid or im just tired, can you change that? because i idndt see anythign when i was looking.

Level 11
No... he just wants it to work just like Wand of Illusions, but just to have the target animations and effects from Mirror Image so you don't just create an illusion near the original. And that is practically... what Vex did. To make more targets... Can't you check how the spell was made? Perhaps there is a solution into the Object Editor - Spells.

Level 11
Ok... now WHY didn't you come with an idea into your second post? This post was sooo useless. And one more thing, before posting into a thread to help someone, read all the posts into that thread. I for one do that and believe me, it is very efficient. And I don't want to sound very crappy and annoying... I'm not usually like this but spammers just get on my nerves.

Level 16
So he want some sort of detect-proof illusion which causes the target to mirror image? That is kind of hard, but considering all that is needed is hiding the unit, creating the effect, then unhiding them correctly... is this what he wants? Daelin you can edit your post and I will edit mine to see what I can do.

Level 10
I have an idea. It's kind of a cheat, but why not simply always replace the spell whenever you cast it and make that spell mirror image. Don't know if this will actually work with the cooldowns through.

However, there is another idea. You make a dummy unit based off of your unit and give him the mirror image spell. Give your hero a dummy mirror image with only the splitting image animation and make a second dummy with only the splitting missile anim mirror image. Whenever you cast, trigger it to instantly create thre dummy (same exact dummy as your hero and make sure to set hp of the dummy to that of your hero, otherwise your MI will have different health) at your position, order it to do mirror image (make sure it's on your team so it works like it's supposed to) and once the spell is done, have it instantly make the unit invisable, then remove the unit. Now you have an extra image and you've gotten the effects you want. The way this will work is whenever you create the new unit, it treats it like a different unit and the mirror image like a dif mirror image. So with this trigger, you can create multiple ones without destroying others.

Now the hardest one but probably the most effective in theory is to create the entire spell with triggers and simply keep track of the units. You'll have to set the triggers to heal units the indstant they take damage from a mirror image to help hide them and trigger the extra dmaage too.

I'd however go with the middle choice since it;s the most efficient way to do things.

Hope this helps. If i have time, i'll make a demo map for you to see if you like the results.

I'll post it tommorrow if i can as it;s currently 1pm where i'm at and i;m tired so i'm gonna say goodnight and i hope this works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.