1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Seek unity between the elements in the 22nd Terraining Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Seize the moment! The 18th Mini Mapping Contest has commenced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Minotaur's Labyrinth v1.9 + AI

Submitted by WendigoWars
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Minotaur's Labrinth
Created by WendigoWars & Shadow Fury

Map Info:

This is a first personish horror survival map. You can either team up with other survivors and kill the minotaur or try to escape. There are many items and NPCs in the labrinth that can help you achieve either of these goals. You can play solo or online, good minotaur and villager AI is here for any/all empty slots!

Features:

-Unique Immersive Horror Experience
-Is a current, actively worked on project
-All items/spawns randomly generated for replayability
-Beautiful Terraining
-3 trap types to look out for and avoid
-Maniac and Hardcore mode comming!

A Few Screen Shots:

Shot 1
[​IMG]

Shot 2
[​IMG]

Shot 3
[​IMG]

Credits:

Special thanks to:

• Co-Creator: Shadow Fury
  • Minor Trigger Help: MF-Shroom
  • Map Creator: WendigoWars
Models:
  • MountainGiant.blp
    By halo

Brutal Lord
    By Tarrasque

Simple Sword
    by SuPa-

Basic Bow
    by KayS

Orc Shield Rigth
    by perfjert

Dungeon Cliff
    by L_Lawliet

Dungeon Tiles
    by L_Lawliet

Blue Torch Attachment
    by sunwarrior25

Ghost And Wraith
    By Callahan

DemonSpikeTrap
    by Ami

Slaughtered Villager
    By Chenralstrasz

Metal Helmet
    By ikillforeyou

Maul of Strength
    By Thrikodius

Dragon BattleAxe
    By Lord_T

Bloodlust
    By KelThuzad
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx

Change Log

Version 1 - Uploaded

Version 1.1-1.7
Don't remember the order of how things got added, but all of the things changed are at version 1.8

Version 1.8 -
- improved cam
- AI
- Traps
- NPCs
- more items
- bug fixes
- new models
- more props
- Advanced balancing
- Enhanced lighting and fog effects

Version 1.9
- improved terrain with more bloody doodads
- now Ghosts have Glandar's ghost location pinged in blue colour
- improved a bit the villager's and minotaur's AI
- 3 modes available: Normal, Hardcore Minotaur and Insane (this mode is not to be played with less than 5 players, either AI or human)
- added new item (Bronze Boots)
- you cannot pick similar items and charged items simply increase in charge
- some extra dead ends (long paths that end with a wall) and an extra region of crippling fog
- villagers' ping locations for the Minotaur is now coloured! Red villager will ping red, blue villager will ping blue etc... so that you can differentiate between all players
- a secret chamber added but without any secret for now
- some bugs fixed but not completely the ones for the multiboard

FIXED!

Keywords:
Minotaur, Wendigowars, Horror, Fun, New, Fright, Evil, Dark, Run, Labrinth, Labrynth, Escape, Survival
Contents

Minotaur's Labyrinth v1.9 + AI (Map)

Reviews
New status: The map is undergoing author changes. Actually, two creator changes just happened, one left and one joined. The problem with this map is that it's ever drastically changing by whole new features, systems, and ideas being added and removed...
  1. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lol, that's fun to here. Ragnoras, there is a rate button out of five thumbs up. You should use that instead of typing it, as typing it doesn't affect the Hive rating.

2. Krazykid

Krazykid

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The rules state that the maps should be leakless. So im unsure of how this was approved. But the gameplay is great. Whats the point of rules if not followed.?
    Edit- I did not realize how bad the leaks were till now, There is way too many leaks for this to have been completely checked.

3. Shadow Fury

Shadow Fury

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I said that I'll be trying to fix the leaks as soon as I can but it's really bad that you reduced your rating from 4/5 to 3/5 just for the leaks. I don't see that they cause heavy lag in game so they are not a very big issue as you would like me to believe. Then, I am sure that there are many maps with some leaks that have been approved so I don't see the point of rejecting this map simply because of leaks.

4. Krazykid

Krazykid

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Its in the rules. every trigger in this map has a leak. "Center of region, random point in region" etc.... im not voting for rejection, simply lowering my rating till its fixed.
    And they wont cause lag in single player, but if playing with my friend online for instance, he has awful net, so this can make it alot worse for him.
    Btw good job on this map shadow. You practically made it for him.

5. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the notice, KrazyKid. I'm not putting it back to pending, but please do fix the leaks when you two get a chance to update it.

6. Brachyceran

Brachyceran

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can you make an option to reduce the props/doodads? Because I think some people (including me and some of my friends) dont have a very good computer but an old one for working and wants to entertain ourselves, and cant really play the map due to the low fps. If possible it would be very appreciated :)

7. Shadow Fury

Shadow Fury

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Unfortunately, I have no idea on how to remove props in game. There are np triggers to do that but I can do something for you. I can post in the pastebin a version of the map with less props and doodads just for those who have old computers. If you agree, I'll implement this plan.

8. Captivate

Captivate

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map is amazing, however the camera is very awkward. Would be nice if it was not fixed to your character. If you can find an alternative, that would be very convenient.

5/5

9. Krazykid

Krazykid

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There are many ways to do it. but you should let wendigo actually work on his map instead of having others get his map fixed/improved. and than he says that he made it.

10. Shadow Fury

Shadow Fury

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The camera is purposely made to be attached to the character to resemble a realistic situation where you see everything as if you are materially walking in the labyrinth. Believe me, any other type of camera would seriously ruin the atmosphere and gameplay.

It should be so but as I created most of the map, I consider it one of my own maps, that's why I still work on it. Oh, so you know how to remove the props. I would really like to know how.

11. Kazeon

Kazeon

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    This is extremely boring. No clear gameplay, I was just wandering around and picking some useless items, I mean I don't know what can I use them for? The minimap isn't corresponding with the actual labyrinth, it's really confusing. I can't even meet anybody else, or even the minotaur (I wish to fight him). The game is totally unchallenging, yeah we should play it in the dark room so we can sleep earlier. The map itself is extremely leakful, I need more than 15 seconds to close the warcraft after I played this game for no more than 5 minutes.

Well, overall this is another 5/5 garbage. This can't achieve more than 2/5 imho. I'm sorry for being too honest.

12. Krazykid

Krazykid

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Depends on how you want to remove them.. and yea this is deffinitly your own map now :p

13. Shadow Fury

Shadow Fury

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Honestly, I don't know if you are taking your revenge for me giving you 2/5 to Love Runner or if you really think this deserves 2/5, but in either cases, where are your suggestions? You can't just tell me this is garbage and nothing to improve the map in some way. Anyway, it's your opinion. The map is going to be updated soon and the Minotaur's AI should be fixed and work properly. I simply recommend you to try it again after the update and to give some useful suggestions on how to improve at least.

14. Kazeon

Kazeon

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    That's the dumbest word in this site. Well, honestly I don't remember that you rated 2/5 on my map, so I can say no it's not a revenge. I thought I mention my points clearly, I said your gameplay is boring that means you need to fill it more. I said the map is leakful, then it means you need to fix it. I said the minimap is not corresponding, that means you need to change it. Don't be too pampered :)

Also I think the visual is just too mono-tone a.k.a boring. There were just walls, fogs, and skulls everywhere.

As for your information, I never give rating to hate but based on it's very actual level of quality. Don't be proud of 5/5 from moderator, but you should be proud if you get 5/5 from me, because my rating is never based on personal taste (or even revenge) but based on comparison from the other resources.

15. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Leaks should definitely be fixed. A few years back moderators did not even approve maps that had major leaks in them, don't know how that changed.

I have not played the map since the first time when it was really confusing and I wonder if you have been able to fix this error. The map has to give the player an idea what to do, not just leave him scared.

@Dalvengyr, no he does not necessarily need to change things you mention. In my opinion it would be dumb to show the layout of the labyrinth.

Just an idea - jumpscares (sounds&cinematic animation flashes)

16. Shadow Fury

Shadow Fury

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    That was obvious for me too but you didn't even tell me how should I do some things specifically. How should I fill the gameplay to let it be exciting for you? Some generic info like "it needs more excitement" is not enough for me to improve the map.
    As for the minimap, it is not corresponding because this is a "labyrinth". It is purposely made to let you get lost in it and not to use a minimap as your personal GPS.

This is the style of a horror map dude :) If you don't like it, it means you don't appreciate the style of horror maps.

Why should I feel proud if you give me 5/5? Your rating is as worth as anyone else's. Don't think that I will take your rating as the most important of all or that if a moderator gives to the map 5/5, it means I must feel very proud. And if I remember well, you were the one who complained a lot because people gave low ratings to your map. In your opinion, we know nothing about map-making (or at least that's my impression :D) So if you don't feel satisfied of others ratings, you will unconsciously give low ratings to others.

17. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Reforged HD Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I do think the preview could be changed though, perhaps a view of the minotaur fighting people.

18. Kazeon

Kazeon

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Again, I give ratings based on actual quality. Compared to other 5/5 maps, this one is obviously far below, am I wrong? This map don't have any strong impression, it's just another simple "run away" or "escape" map with a super monotone gameplay and visual. With a very limited action: it's just pick items and wander around while (perhaps) avoiding harmless traps. What else? It doesn't even leave any special impression to me. Some 3/5 or 4/5 maps can give a special impression to me like "Oh, this map has something new to offer." and honestly, that creativity is the most interesting thing in a map. But I can't find anything special here.

My rating system is absolutely better because it's not contaminated by my personal tastes. You can't say I'm not a fan of horror maps, in fact, perhaps, I'm the biggest fan of that "Saw Maniac" map. And actually, I didn't find this map is "terrifying" enough to be categorized as horror. You don't have to be proud indeed. What I was trying to say is: my rating is totally based on quality, so if I give you 5/5 that means your resource is very well qualified indeed.

I was not saying people have no map making experience, but I find most people here are having problems in giving consistent ratings. They don't know about something called standard of quality. They often give higher score to a less good one bla bla bla (I have said this likely more than ten times). Don't try to deny it, it's a fact.

And I have no grudges for any hater here. :)

Anyway, good luck in refining this map. Cao

19. Shadow Fury

Shadow Fury

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    How can you convince me that your review is based on facts if you give your own views? Some people think the map is actually terrifying but you don't. Others say the terrain is great for this map but you don't. This means that "you" are the one who thinks these things and therefore this is "your opinion", not your facts. Apparently, you do not know the difference between a "fact" and an "opinion" (don't try to persuade me of the opposite, I won't believe you after what you said). I may agree that some people just spam 5/5 to anything they like, but it doesn't mean that everyone giving 5/5 is a spammer or unfairly giving it to a map which doesn't deserve it. Your review is actually based on your personal taste and you cannot negate this in any way. If you would really base yourself on facts, then you would never say things that contrast what other people say.
    After this discussion, I don't expect you to raise your rating if you are so obsessed to be the best reviewer because you give reviews based on facts and not on personal taste (which isn't even true)

20. Kazeon

Kazeon

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Your map is leakful it's a fact. Your map is too monotonous (walls, skulls everywhere) it's fact, the gameplay is extremely boring it's a fact (I can't even meet that mr. minotaur or anybody else in 10 mins of wander). Should I provide more facts?

You are obviously unable to get my point. You denied every of my posts with invalid arguments again and again.

Not because my statement is different from the others so you can conclude my statement is personal taste/opinion-ish. This site is filled with too random people. Most of them are not experienced and have no basis about everything they said. Whereas me, I have played hundreds of games and have made bunch of games so far. I know which is good and bad things about games. Sounds cocky indeed. You may disagree about my opinions after all, but at least, I'm experienced enough about game making and I always have references about everything I said.