• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Minor map problem - can anyone fix it? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently making a map called Witchunters, and I am very close to a beta stage... however, I have a slight problem:
I made a spell which knockbacks units around you and it works fine. But after you cast it for the first time, casting any other ability will result in your game exiting instantly...

Can anyone try to fix this please? I uploaded the map :)

images

It consists of 3 triggers:
  • Kinn Cast Start
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Rune: Kinn
    • Actions
      • Set Rune_Point[0] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Countdown Timer - Start Rune_Timer[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))] as a One-shot timer that will expire in 1.90 seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the left hand of (Triggering unit) using war3mapImported\KinnChannel.mdx
      • Set Rune_Sfx[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))] = (Last created special effect)
      • Unit - Create 1 progress_Kinn for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Rune_Point[0] facing Default building facing degrees
      • Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s animation speed to 85.00% of its original speed
      • Set Rune_Progress[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))] = (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Rune_Point[0])
  • Kinn Cast End
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Stops casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Rune: Kinn
    • Actions
      • Set Rune_Point[0] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Rune_Percent[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))] = (((Remaining time for Rune_Timer[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))]) x 100.00) / 1.80)
      • Set Rune_Percent[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))] = (100.00 - Rune_Percent[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))])
      • Special Effect - Destroy Rune_Sfx[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))]
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the left hand of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Weapons\PriestMissile\PriestMissile.mdl
      • Set Rune_Sfx[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))] = (Last created special effect)
      • Special Effect - Destroy Rune_Sfx[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))]
      • Animation - Change Rune_Progress[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))]'s animation speed to 0.00% of its original speed
      • Unit - Add a 0.30 second Generic expiration timer to Rune_Progress[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))]
      • Unit - Create 1 sfx_Kinn for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Rune_Point[0] facing Default building facing degrees
      • Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s size to ((100.00 + (Rune_Percent[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))] x 1.40))%, 100.00%, 100.00%) of its original size
      • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Set RuneKinn_Range = (80.00 + (Rune_Percent[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))] x 2.40))
      • Set RuneKinn_Group = (Units within RuneKinn_Range of Rune_Point[0] matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is hidden) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True) and (1.00 Equal to
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in RuneKinn_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Damage_Type = 3
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing RuneKinn_Damage[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))] damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
          • Set Damage_Type = 0
          • Set KBA_Caster = (Triggering unit)
          • Set KBA_TargetUnit = (Picked unit)
          • Set KBA_StartingPosition = Rune_Point[0]
          • Set KBA_Level = 1
          • Set KBA_Speed = 15.00
          • Set KBA_DistancePerLevel = 300.00
          • Set KBA_SpecialEffects[1] = Abilities\Spells\Human\FlakCannons\FlakTarget.mdl
          • Set KBA_SpecialEffects[2] = Abilities\Weapons\AncientProtectorMissile\AncientProtectorMissile.mdl
          • Set KBA_DestroyTrees = True
          • Trigger - Run Cast A Knockback <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Rune_Point[0])
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_RuneKinn_Group)
      • Set RuneKinn_IndexWrite = (RuneKinn_IndexWrite + 1)
      • Set RuneKinn_Caster[RuneKinn_IndexWrite] = (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
      • Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s Spell Slam First animation
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Set RuneKinn_IndexRead = (RuneKinn_IndexRead + 1)
      • Unit - Unpause RuneKinn_Caster[RuneKinn_IndexRead]
      • Set RuneKinn_Caster[RuneKinn_IndexRead] = No unit
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • RuneKinn_IndexRead Equal to RuneKinn_IndexWrite
        • Then - Actions
          • Set RuneKinn_IndexRead = 0
          • Set RuneKinn_IndexWrite = 0
        • Else - Actions
  • Kinn DummyDeath
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to progress_Kinn
    • Actions
      • Animation - Change (Dying unit)'s animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
The problem is in the second trigger, in the final part after clearing the leaks (point and group). But I am not exactly sure what is the problem :/

Attachments

• Witchunters 1.1.w3x
    438.6 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Level 5
what is the name of the spell?
also put the name of the trigger(s) you used for it so you make it easier for people to help
and by the way you have too many array variables O___O array ones take alot of space so avoid them whenever there is anther way

what is the name of the spell?
also put the name of the trigger(s) you used for it so you make it easier for people to help
and by the way you have too many array variables O___O array ones take alot of space so avoid them whenever there is anther way

Allright, I am uploading the triggers right away.

I have many variables because I use custom systems made by other people. Anyway, I still don't have map-size problems, so it's fine :D

Level 5
i think i found the problem, i used the kinn spell and when it knocked the peasants away i used roll then i used kinn again, there wasent a problem at this point, but on my second attempt i used kinn and BEFORE it finished i used roll, resulting in kinn knocking peasants away before its casting time, after that using kinn again exits the game (thats what happened in my experiance) so maybe to avoid game exiting and to also avoid cheating players you may disable other abilities while "kinn" is being used (just like how the channel spell disables all other abilities when its being used) hope this helps out :O

i think i found the problem, i used the kinn spell and when it knocked the peasants away i used roll then i used kinn again, there wasent a problem at this point, but on my second attempt i used kinn and BEFORE it finished i used roll, resulting in kinn knocking peasants away before its casting time, after that using kinn again exits the game (thats what happened in my experiance) so maybe to avoid game exiting and to also avoid cheating players you may disable other abilities while "kinn" is being used (just like how the channel spell disables all other abilities when its being used) hope this helps out :O

Just... read the initial post before posting next time, okay? Good effort, but 1 - problem is solved, and 2 - this wouldn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.