• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Minor Alteration to Minimap Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi there!

Background:
In my current project, one of the premises is to hide in plain sight among other players and neutral units. I can set the color of the models for all units so team color does not give players away, but the team color is still shown via units on the minimap. A potential remedy for this is set each player to the same color but, this has the negative effect of everyone's name being the same color in chat.

Request:
So I would like to replace the unit minimap icon to one that does not display team color. It does not need to be anything special, just a black square/shape that is appropriately sized. (I tried to make my own by making a black square in paint and converting it to TGA but the end result is either too large, or if I shrink it down it becomes warped/does not render properly.)

I'm not entirely sure what goes into the modification of an icon, so if this is useful:

UI\Glues\SinglePlayer\HumanCampaign3D\Black32.blp

That path is a black square that would be adequate but it needs to shrunk down.

UI\Minimap\MinimapIconCircleOfPower.blp

That path is an adequate size, but shows team color.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.