• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Minimap Icon Modification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi there,

I have a large map with many buildings in it. As a result, the minimap is very cluttered and its hard to distinguish units on it. However, I can't simply disable the minimap icons for the buildings because they are needed to help mark territory. Could someone rescale the hero minimap icon to 1/2 its current size? Then I can make the buildings use the neutral building icon and then overwrite it with the 1/2 size hero icon. If possible, a rescaled version of the normal unit and building minimap icons would be great too, but I don't know where to find them in the WC3 Viewer.

The hero icon can be found under UI/Minimap/minimap-hero.blp. I've tried to do this myself but I don't have a good paint program.

Rep and credit will be given. Thanks.

Level 4
Here. Enjoy.

Also because you said you had many other buildings of significance do you need icons that are unique so that each building can be identified easily?

Attachments

• minimap-hero.blp
    3.1 KB · Views: 147
Level 10
Thanks, it works on heroes, but sadly not on neutral building icons. I had another thought though. It's a space map, so I'm trying to distinguish planets from stations. Stations I can keep as normal, but since planets are far more numerous, they clutter the minimap too much. What might work is a rescaled version of the haunted gold mine icon. Its round and team colored, so it could work for a planet. Could you scale it to 1/2 and 1/3rd sizes (so I can see which works best?).
I hope this isn't too much trouble and I really do appreciate it.

Level 4
Sadly I couldn't find the Hunted Gold Mine Icon anywhere, and after checking both War3.mpq and War3X.mpq 's I couldn't find the icon for extracting and modification.

I only found the Standard Gold Mine Icon, I did that one at least in 2/3 and 1/3.

Attachments

• minimap-gold_1thirds.blp
    2.9 KB · Views: 82
  • minimap-gold_2thirds.blp
    3 KB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.