• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Minimap Icon Edit (Size Reduction)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hello,

I'm not sure if these are textures or models that have to be edited, but I'd like to request someone to reduce the size of the icons I've marked in the image below:

minimap_icons.PNG

It might be related to the
model_sprite.PNG

from the Game Interface in the World Editor.

The larger one is the icon for a building on the minimap and the smaller one is the icon for a unit on the minimap. If both could be reduced by roughly ~50% that would be very appreciated (or optionally in different sizes so I could experiment with the best fit, ~25%, ~33%, ~50%, ~66%, ~75% if it's not much of a hassle).

I'd also need the import paths as I have no idea where they're located.

Thanks a lot!

ok so turns out its just a model with a very small mesh with no texture it would seem anyways, the textures are for like the gold mine and stuff like that it would appear lol. i reduced the mesh, its probably around 60% of the size it was. i also didnt go test to see it so ill leave that to you lol, you have the right place there in that picture, you will change that to this model

Attachments

• minimapuniticonsmall.mdx
    1.4 KB · Views: 23
Level 19
ok so turns out its just a model with a very small mesh with no texture it would seem anyways, the textures are for like the gold mine and stuff like that it would appear lol. i reduced the mesh, its probably around 60% of the size it was. i also didnt go test to see it so ill leave that to you lol, you have the right place there in that picture, you will change that to this model
Unfortunately it didn't change anything, the sizes remains the same as the image above. So it might be texture related or hard coded in the game and it's not possible to adjust it.

In case you'd like to have another look any of these might be helpful
minimap_models.PNG
minimap_icons.PNG

Thanks for trying, appreciated!

Unfortunately it didn't change anything, the sizes remains the same as the image above. So it might be texture related or hard coded in the game and it's not possible to adjust it.

In case you'd like to have another look any of these might be helpful
View attachment 371585 View attachment 371586

Thanks for trying, appreciated!
thats a strange one, i kinda figured the game would scale accordingly to unit and building, as it does seem to be the one. so i made it much much much much smaller lol, so if it still doesnt the change the size then, definitely something with the game, there is no scaling indication in the mdl even so, and it doesnt have an actual texture, just the team color layer so thats how it can have color. hmm youll have to let me know, i will probably look into this a bit more later

Attachments

• minimapuniticonsmall1.mdx
    1.5 KB · Views: 18
Level 19
thats a strange one, i kinda figured the game would scale accordingly to unit and building, as it does seem to be the one. so i made it much much much much smaller lol, so if it still doesnt the change the size then, definitely something with the game, there is no scaling indication in the mdl even so, and it doesnt have an actual texture, just the team color layer so thats how it can have color. hmm youll have to let me know, i will probably look into this a bit more later
Thanks, I tested the new model, but still no difference. I tested to set the model to "None" and the minimap still showed the units. So either it's the wrong model or it's something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.