• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Minimap Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey,

I was wondering if it was possible to cue a trigger using an event such as

Player toggles minimap unit formation button

Player toggles ally color code 1,2...ect

Player toggles display creep camps

In GUI no such events exist. How about in vjass?

GUI does have a condition that checks if creep camps are displayed or not, I'm assuming that means whether the button has been clicked or not. Either way, there is no way to check for toggling (clicking) of the other minimap buttons via GUI.

Anybody have any thoughts?

Level 4
I see, well thank you guys for your info.

I guess I'll have to rethink my events.

But anyway, would you mind explaining what you meant be sync and desync?

Level 26
The event needs to be triggered for all players in order to run the same jass code at the same game time for them. So the input of the player in question has to broadcast the information, which results in an additional delay. Most/all events in wc3 refer to the gameplay state, meaning they are triggered by already available information on each client. For example "A unit Dies": It is assumed that everyone has this unit and it would die under the same circumstances, therefore its demise has not to be announced. You may think that the Chat Message event is similar to your request but those messages are sent around and used by the engine anyway, the event is hooked to what the game already syncs, it's not exclusive to triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.