• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Spell button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi all! I would like to know if anybody has a way to get the spell that is clicked when a player wants to cast a spell? I mean, spells like summoning, that do not require a target and then aren't channeled or whatever of this kind. The GUI hasn't any kind of 'Event - A spell button is clicked', and, furthermore, I can't know which spell is being launched. I also need to be able to stop the unit.
Anyone can help me?

Level 16
'Begins casting an ability' this is when no mana is taken yet, no effects are made and no damage is done, you can easily order the unit to stop (it should do nothing then)
But if you want to make any custom effects on the spell, like fire at position of the target unit, you should use 'Start the effect of an ability' this way you will know for sure it is not stopped at last moment (spell)
Cause if you use 'Begins casting' you could click 'Order to stop' button at the right time, and the fire effect would still be made

'Begins casting' for whenever you click the button
'Starts the effect of' for when you want to make your own custom effects

Status
Not open for further replies.