• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Minecraft Survival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Ive been thinking for a while and im trying to decide what to make as my first map: Minecraft Survival or Mario Party.
Edit:
I have decided to make Minecraft as my first official map!
I am somewhat familiar with the Editor in GUI and I know the very basics of Jass.
I'm going to use GUI/Jass but I don't mind helpers using a mix of GUI/Jass/vJass. Or... someone could help me make it Jass only?!
Hivers, I really need help here, with ideas and clarifying Minecraft since I haven't played MC (Thank god wiki has info).
If anyone wants to help me with the coding/plans/framework/whatever, I would be extremely grateful.

Planned Features:
  1. Multibars with Health as Hearts and Hunger as Hotdogs. [Done]
  2. Mining/Gathering materials and combining via Spellbook (clicking on any material opens a spellbook full of products made by that material) [WiP]
  3. Many modes including Normal(Slay Enderdragon), RolePlay(Creative Mode), TeamVsTeam(Up to 5vs5, Eliminate!), FFA(Eliminate!) [WiP]
  4. Save/Load "Craft Points" (CPs) => There are going to be 100s things you can combine to make, and some things will be locked until you have enough CPs. [WiP]
  5. Random terrain generation with grass, trees, sand, snow, caves, etc. [WiP]
  6. Double Inventory System (Toggle between 2 inventories for a maximum of 12 items [you can make chests to hold more])
    • Items automatically stack if obtained and Miner has item in either of the 2 inventories. [WiP]

Other notes:
I did wiki research on MC, specifically the Nether and the End, which looks like it will make a very neat incorporation!
I'm thinking the Standard Normal Mode in this game should be all co-op, slay Enderdragon.
I would love to show some work in progress screenshots and whatnot but I just started today.

Here are additional questions/opinions I would like to ask of you peoples:
None at the moment.
I just want to say I'm working on this now... all alone...
In the coldest of dark nights,
Snowiest of unforgiving blizzards,
...Still working on this map,
All alone.
A
L
L
-
A
L
O
N
E
-
(I'm not super desperate for some help here... nope. I am not trying to recruit or anything. This is totally not sarcasm.)

Last edited:
Level 19
mc would be fairly simple, each square would be a destructable than you just apply the texture of whatever you want than yud have to mdel the mobs etc. id say just do marip pty

Level 5
I also think you should go for Mario Party. You could do a Survival game, I don't thik it's that much complicated but, Minecraft is a whole different story.

Level 6
I would love to do Mario Party :)
Ive already decided not to include the board, instead just have multiple party game modes.
Im thinking 6 players max (free for all, 3v3 mode).
Well, ill get started and post progress next month, thanks !

Edit: Minecraft still tops Mario Party.. my final decision lies with Minecraft =O...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.