• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Minecraft minecraft minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transistors? well, it is possible, a 6AND GATE and a XOR gate would make a transistor, as well as making a fully functional computer, but I doubt we'd make windows software (although it is possible it'd be very red)

And yes I did see the Tags in there.

On a side note: Made a security system too now which has changable passwords, it's not a combination lock, it's a password P=
a normal lock of this design would have 10-12 Binary "locks"
Quite easy to hack, but hey, it's minecraft, whos gonna bother working that hard to get in? You're gonna notice, seeing as I have the 'Automatic lighting' system already done, which can be used as a Griefer/Theif detector. cos whenever somebody tries to get into the house, it glows like a torch in the night

Edit: If we do get an actual 'Hive community' Server up, can I be given infinite redstone dust/torches and Smoothstone?
(I wanna setup a 'handyman' bisuness where I go round installing Electrical devices into peoples houses in return for gold/diamond or something (Yay insurance policy possibility, Constant pay so that if it breaks I'll repair it for you (This is not home insurance) >:D so long as it wasn't a design mistake inwhich case you wouldn't need insurance, also I will pay attention, don't try to be fraudulent just to make me work more >:p)
It would include installing: Changeable password protection; Automatic Light activation (you walk into the room, lights come on) Can also be used to security reasons; Cannons* (state which model); 'Flashing lights' (Continually flickering on/off lights which make quite a nice effect) Simultaneous Lights (Come on one after another, so like one of those cool hangars in films); Landmines*2; Prison systems (One way doors, Automated prison sentance (Locks people in a room for a certain duration))

Instillation would not include the casing, casing would need to be pre-built or layed out, roofless, hollow. (This is so I'd have an area to work with, or you'll find me digging up your entire house trying to make it fit)
Most Mechanics are Large: Recommend requesting before a house is complete, setting out the area it needs to fit in

*1 Backfires will not be repaired for free unless you are covered by insurance, Cannons are also very large, thus will cost alot, I suggest becoming rich before you request a cannon, as they are A. Very big (you'll need a big house) B. TNT will NOT be provided.
*2 Highly inefficiant on all terrains but sand, This is the only instillation that will work properly for 'sand castles'

Just an idea I thought up, think It might actually "Help the economy" as it were that would probably need to exist. also, thus far I appear to be the most 'inventive' & 'capable' of creating electrical circuits (while having patience to do it) (Traits as a pair not individually) and alot of people could probably benefit from me sticking some security in there to defend from rogues =P

Tell meh what you guys think P=

Last edited:
Level 11
How would you make timers for prison entrances?

The only way I can think of doing it is setting it via binary memory cells, which would probably need at least 8 or so memory cells, then using a bit adder and a timer to wait, using an and gate on 8 not-XOR gates to verify that the time is correct.

I mean come on that would take a shitload of space and a shitload of redstone. I prefer the automated execution room, a one way door which activates a falling lava stream after someone enters. The door is open until you walk in, so people tend to be so curious they execute themselves.

or I could just use a preset dual 51AX engine, but Yeh I do see your point >__>

Edit: The project I'm working on Atm is a 64-bit Game in minecraft, however it will require a Team of dedicated minecrafters, a chief engineer whom can manage people to what they're doing/where they're going, I myself would be project overseer as well as be the one whom connects everything together when the seperate structures are built.

Thus far What game and what sized screen to use has not been decided, however I have made a concept memory tower, which will act as a 'memory card' for the Game, 8 of them will need to be contstructed in total so that all 64 bits can be saved & stored so that the game can be loaded again.

They are 8-bit Memory towers (16 blocks tall) and I made it a larger square than a standard one so that if multiple gates are needed to be activated by a single bit, then it is possible.

People who understand binary/Know alot about logic gates are wanted for the engineering posts, as this may be too big for a single person to work out without extensive effort over several days. (Engineering posts are the highest below the Cheif Engineer and will be in charge of monitoring their 'crew' as well as working on it themselves)

Attachments

• Memory Tower Standard Layout.png
    Memory Tower Standard Layout.png
    819.7 KB · Views: 851
  • Memory Tower Size.png
    Memory Tower Size.png
    239.9 KB · Views: 659
Last edited:
Level 7
I helped for the house :D and i got killed by creepers 2 times with my experiments, like when i went to him to check if arrows really appear after firing.Lol Check my avatar :D

Last edited:
I build a concept 'screen' as well, so we can get an idea of what we're dealing with.

Its a 360p 'Screen' and it's massive (24 by 30 I think)

(Yes it is just a wall of Red stone torches, but it's just so we can see how big it is and how much detail we go onto with red/black dots. Yes, we are going to have to wire each individual 'Pixel' to the logic gate circuitry.)

Attachments

• Screen, direct view.png
    Screen, direct view.png
    482.5 KB · Views: 1,498
  • Screen, from a side.png
    Screen, from a side.png
    346.9 KB · Views: 364
Level 14
I found epic RP server some weeks ago, well actually there isn't much RP, but it has currency mod and other cool stuff.
I believe I am quite trusted there, so if you want to join, register on those forums, make an white list apply and say that Nuclear_Potato recommended.

Level 9
yup, leaf decay was the one casing all the lags =D

bahhhh, the server was corrupted, resulting me in building ANOTHER house... but oh well, i finished it, now just gona wait for tank_commander to be online...

join my hamachi server @ ACdestinyServer

5.81.84.222:25565 to connect

Level 7
Everyone does.Btw i have made a place with a portal and a pigman ritual and a sign saying:

Nether Portals
-
Nether Rituals

Anyone who comes to AC's server can take part

Level 9
Hey people, here are some pics of our server =D

View of whole map (and the pigmen, the ritual thingie that pandaren have been making =D)
attachment.php

Night version
attachment.php

New and improved hall
attachment.php

Hallway with Tank_commander's gallery and pandaren god's mini nether
attachment.php

Tank's gallery with all (most) of the basic electronics, its soooo long =(
attachment.php

A giant structure im currently making (20 floors, not including the basements)
attachment.php

First floor of the structure
attachment.php

Pandaren's nether isn't added into the pictures cos it is still in development. Join our server now to 'show off' =D

Attachments

• soz.png
    soz.png
    720.6 KB · Views: 262
  • hallway.png
    hallway.png
    258.3 KB · Views: 247
  • lab.png
    lab.png
    303.6 KB · Views: 228
  • mapn.png
    mapn.png
    478.6 KB · Views: 297
  • mega.png
    mega.png
    369.3 KB · Views: 292
  • hall.png
    hall.png
    437.4 KB · Views: 291
  • floor1.png
    floor1.png
    369.3 KB · Views: 306
Level 31
Yes, it works :D
You take item from box, put it in your inventory, directly close minecraft with alt+f4.
After restarting, you have both items, one in box, one in inventory.

Have just tried it with Big Box.
I make more tests now.
It worked with Diamond Axe, Bookshelf, 56 stacked gold.
I think it works for all items.
I try now if it works with small box, workbench and furnace, too.

EDIT:

Yes, it works with small box, big box, furnace, but not with workbench.
Am I really the first one who found this bug??

Level 7
Hmmm i just need to say this in the forum, Notch will fix it >:D but i better PM it to him.

EDIT: It's done, i have pm-ed it to Notch, lets see what can he do.Just got happy for ruining your planz0rs.

Last edited:
hmm I dunno, kinda lazy >__>

Anyways, I've made a mockup of the 'Shop' I'd be running for electronics (gonna build it in the lab on ACDs' server sometime, probably.

Uses my Password protection system, has the calculator built-into it for no reason what-so-ever as well as a 'kill the customer' button (yes it does work btw)

Note: 'unwanted customer list names' where chosen for shitz and giggles and mean nothing about my own opinions and suchlike

Attachments

• Shop Mockup 1.png
    Shop Mockup 1.png
    380.5 KB · Views: 8,026
  • Shop Mockup 2.png
    Shop Mockup 2.png
    564.8 KB · Views: 3,532
  • Shop Mockup 3.png
    Shop Mockup 3.png
    477.8 KB · Views: 1,582
Level 7
I use the painterly texture pack but i can use the "alt" skins of the mobs and armour.Anyone help?

Also, will AC open the server?

Level 12
hmm I dunno, kinda lazy >__>

Anyways, I've made a mockup of the 'Shop' I'd be running for electronics (gonna build it in the lab on ACDs' server sometime, probably.

Uses my Password protection system, has the calculator built-into it for no reason what-so-ever as well as a 'kill the customer' button (yes it does work btw)

Note: 'unwanted customer list names' where chosen for shitz and giggles and mean nothing about my own opinions and suchlike

You -could- give your map to AC, and he could use a program called MCEdit to create a "schematic" (basically copies everything within a certain area) and edit it into the server, saving you time.

Oh, and now that I think of it, redstone is slightly bugged in multiplayer, so you might have to do some experimenting with smaller models to make sure everything works.

Status
Not open for further replies.