• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mind Control Hypnosis v1.0

Mind Control Hypnosis
"Your mind is mine."

ABILITY INFORMATION:
Controls an enemy unit permanently as long as the hero stays channeling. Drains mana per second. The controlled unit cannot be outside of 1500 range.
Level 1 - level 3 cap. 10 mana per second.
Level 2 - level 4 cap. 8 mana per second.
Level 3 - level 5 cap. 6 mana per second.

INSTALLATION GUIDE:
1. Install Unit Indexer on your map
2. Copy the Mind Control Hypnosis ability in Object Editor
3. Paste the ability to your map's Object Editor
4. Copy the MindControlHypnosis folder in Trigger Editor
5. Paste the folder in your map's Trigger Editor
6. DONE! If you want to configure things, just modify MCH Config trigger (for spell conditions, check MCH Conditions)

MEDIA SHOWCASE:

SPECIAL CREDIT:
@map designer for the original concept which can be found here
Unit Indexer by Bribe
Contents

Mind Control Hypnosis (Map)

Reviews
KILLCIDE
A simple, yet useful spell. Putting the conditions in a seperate trigger is kind of cool as it let's users configure it a little bit easier. The spell is also simple enough for any new user to mess around with the spell to their liking. Needs Fixed...
Weird that tags do not work in the description. Anyway, as I said in the description, this is my code take from @map designer work which I linked at description. I'd be blunt that I haven't ask for permission from him yet, but if he wishes this to be taken down, I will comply.

For those who have seen my Mind Control Field v1.1 submission, I actually took the base code and add necessary changes to comply with the spell's concept. Made this in about two hours thanks to having the base code which already does about half of the needed effect. If anyone noticed any MCF_ prefix, please report immediately and I will fix it. These two spells will work independently, though you need to tamper one of the spells' hotkeys.

As always, I hope you enjoy this work. The map is accessible for patch 1.31 upward, sorry for those who used 1.30 or below.

To any of the reviewers or mods or admins who can add authors, I request to have @map designer added to the author list since the concept is still his.

Level 16
hmmm,

If it was my choice, I would prefer BM channeling animation (like flamestrike)

also, I dont remember exactly from where I got the original idea, but it was prolly from Heroes of Might and Magic III Hypnotise spell.

I gotta look at the coding of this sometime. I Hope its GUI xD

Edit: I have question: if a unit is hypnotised, does it become invalid target for further Hypnotise spells by another BMs?

It becomes invalid from future hypnosis until the current one is dispelled. I can make it not immune but it's gonna be somewhat messy with the unit source and all, so yeah.

EDIT:
For coding, it's Full GUI. Unit Indexer is Jass but that thing is just copy-paste done, so not a big problem.

EDIT 2:
The animation can be changed by modifying the channel ability animation name.

Last edited:
Level 37
A simple, yet useful spell. Putting the conditions in a seperate trigger is kind of cool as it let's users configure it a little bit easier. The spell is also simple enough for any new user to mess around with the spell to their liking.

Needs Fixed

• Nothing

Suggestions

• Update your triggers to follow GPAG. It's mostly to make it more distinguishable between what is a configurable or not
  • I'm a little confused with what you're doing with MCH_LocalPlayer. Wouldn't this only store the last player to run the Config trigger?
  • If you want to cover all grounds of possible errors, I'd also add an extra condition for checking the handle id of the caster and target. If they somehow get removed from the map in between ticks, I don't think the loop will ever turn off.
  • If you want to make your triggers a little more efficient, use a counter variable to determine when to turn the loop on or off.

Status

Approved

• Update your triggers to follow GPAG. It's mostly to make it more distinguishable between what is a configurable or not
  • I'm a little confused with what you're doing with MCH_LocalPlayer. Wouldn't this only store the last player to run the Config trigger?
  • If you want to cover all grounds of possible errors, I'd also add an extra condition for checking the handle id of the caster and target. If they somehow get removed from the map in between ticks, I don't think the loop will ever turn off.
  • If you want to make your triggers a little more efficient, use a counter variable to determine when to turn the loop on or off.

• Will do
  • I recall that's not how GetLocalPlayer() works in my memory. The idea is to filter the caster player and give error message when the cast fails due to requirements that cannot be set via editor (level cap and under hypnosis in mind)
  • Never thought of that, I'll think of it
  • Good point there. I should do that
Thanks for the approval ^^

I recall that's not how GetLocalPlayer() works in my memory. The idea is to filter the caster player and give error message when the cast fails due to requirements that cannot be set via editor (level cap and under hypnosis in mind)
It looks right, but showing the message directly only to only player should work, too, without using local player.
  • Game - Display to (Player group(VariableSet MCH_CastOwner)) the text: MCH_FailNotificationString

Level 16
Hmmmm,

im thinking this, with a little refinement, might be a good replacement ability for banshee's imba possess ability.

the changes might be: to make them recv a little more damage. also, im not sure if the hypnotized units should dodge storm bolt when they change owner or not.

Edit: i wish i could open the map & see the triggers :(

Last edited: