• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Middle Earth Risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
yes it’s been done up to 9.31 getting steadily more unbalanced each version so I’ve decided to take a whole new lease on this and try a rebuild instead of an add on. now form doing far too many projects and never being able to finish I know I’m going to need a team to do this I have one member on the team Whitehawksan but I need a few more as this is no small project.

The idea is to go back to basics get it balanced then tart it up with some fancy flashy things for the punters I already have started the map and here’s what I’ve done so far.

Now this is started from a template of the 4th age of middle earth someone asked me to make but stopped talking to me so after basically rebuilding the whole map I’ve ended up with this, it’s all very rough and in the making but you get the idea.
=========================================================
Anyone interested message me and we will use this thread as a base of operations
=========================================================

Attachments

• remasterdMinustirith.jpg
    remasterdMinustirith.jpg
    569.7 KB · Views: 400
  • beforafterlotr.jpg
    beforafterlotr.jpg
    577.9 KB · Views: 433
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 215
  • lotrcollage.jpg
    lotrcollage.jpg
    765 KB · Views: 683
Last edited:
Level 4
hi since you are making risk maps mabe we will make it together? have you seen my Risk Evolution and Risk Modern Warfare

For you see i need Trigger maker for my new Risk Project i call it Evolved Wars

I used to run biggest europe clans so i have great exp in balancing since my Risk Modern Warfare is most balanced map ever made)

Any way i want to aid you with your map) since i do really support any move in Risk maps.

Level 5
Eh, 9.31 is made out of any permission and hacked. Pyrwani cheated calling he's map 9.31. He told me he based it on 6.X without any permission. It was really mean because
ha didn’t care what will happen with effects of work of authors of version made after this 6.X (which is old). That is the reason he's map cannot be found on the important WC3 sites.

The newest version, made with permission and called logically is 7.81.
The newest version of official Middle Earth Risk is ever available at www.pollama.com/middle-earth-risk

I hope I cleared the situation.

What can I add? Remember to don't cheat in calling and don't use resources without a permission and remember - Pyrwani cannot give you a permission because he hacked he's version.

My suggestion? Make your own map or take some older and gat a permission - after this call it whatever you want, just not by adding higher number ex. Middle Earth Risk 1.00 (Ma) or LotRisk 1.00 - you can check existing names at epicwar.com.

Btw - I can try to get a permission for you from Risk_FTW and Spontaneous. IMHO keeping it you'll be able to make your version fair - just present it as alternative MER, not the continuation of the current.

You can contact to me by kamulec_at_op.pl

@down: Calling it 10.X = cheating

Last edited:
Level 10
thats all nice to know, but yeah i'm working from a new template, so brand new start and unlogicaly i decided to call it 10.o becuase it sounded cool when i thought of it.

cheers anyway

p.s
we all knew it was a hack and a terribal version . . lol

Level 10
the project is back rolling again and will be finnished hopefully in a week or to ready for play testing so if you want to help out just say and we will see where we go from there.

added a quick collage of pictures so that you can see some of the newer stuff

Level 2
Pyriwani's version sucks there are lands/areas thats not in lotr but in hes map and a cave from harad to the north

Status
Not open for further replies.