• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Metroid V3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Metroidv3.3 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Based off the classic Metroid (NES), if your a fan you MUST PLAY as of now here is what I have:

Models:I have a Samus model made by metabee and "heavily modified" by fallen hav
I have a metroid model made by Zerox

triggers:Triggers are all done,aside from music that might be added later.

players: there are 4 players, red is Samus Aran, blue is Rundas, Teal is Ghor, Purple is Gandraya. As of now,only Samus Aran is modeled

abilities: All bounty hunters have 3 moves, 2 of them being a standard Missiles(except for Rundas' Ice missile), and a Ice Beam whom u must activate by using a certain item(except for Rundas whom starts with it). Everyone also has 1 custom move, Samus Aran's is a Charged Beam, Gandraya's is Lightning strike, Ghor's is Supernova Wave, and Rundas starts with the ice beam and has ice missiles

map:very small map,since this is just for me to get ideas for a much more advanced metroid(AKA super metroid XD) but its gone quite far and i shall see it to the end.The map is divided into several sections, Brinstar, Norfair, Tourian, Kraid's Hideout, and Ridley's Hideout.Map is based off a real walk through map from metroid NES,but shortened and edited to balance/not kill people in mazes(which i will do in next map enuf XD)

Enemy: like in Metroid (NES) there are 3 bosses, Kraid, Ridley, And mother brain. The enemy's on the other hand,their is only 4, all split up to show the difficulty of each place.the names,damage, and hp of each unit is based off of the game, but the models are def not even close, XD.

storyline: in the quests section,u can a somewhat overview, and when u kill doors and bosses, you get a little floating text for something like a story update.

dedication to metroid nes: the enemys,bosses, samus aran, map, and some of the items are based all off metroid NES. Most item from Super Metroid.Bounty hunter's names and abilitys are from metroid prime 3 corruption XD. still,pretty close to Metroid NES.

overall completion/whats left:eek:verall id say its about 90% through.All that will be added now is more music,more models,and possibly a major update on bosses,giving them abilities

Id post screen shots,but they wouldnt be worth looking at,its all in the gameplay XD

comments?suggestions?

Level 3
....yeah,i think im done -.-

flamers

spectre,sorry i havnt gotten ths pics yet,w8ing for friends to come on so we can all test at once,but considering the crap ive been getting,i might be done

Level 3
i finnaly get why almost no one ever finishes there map

well,i wont let your "opinion" stop me. next time you want to comment somones map,dont just say the map sux,for the least SUGGEST WHAT THEY COULD DO

fyi its my 1st map, and MODELS AND TERRAIN isnt a very big part of maps,its more of to make it look cool, and i am not done with the main things.

Level 17
I will check your map out and give you some advice. However I beg to differ about that terrain isn't a very big part. Terrain is a very big part of a map. A plain and not suiting terrain makes playing maps more boring. A map don't have to look very high quility, but it's very important that the terrain suites the map and that it isn't boring.

EDIT:
Ok I played it. I suggest you the following things cause this maps really need some more work:
*Lower the hit point of gates.
*Improve the terrain, add doodads and such.
*Make way more abilities which aren't so weak and which aren't nearly the same.
*What is the weight of the song? I suggest you remove the song and place extra models in it's place or leave it like that so people can download it faster from battlenet.
*Add a rpg feature or something like that, that will make it more more fun also later in the game.
*Don't just recolor units in the world editor, be very carefull with it because most times it looks ugly and makes the game rubbish.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 3
[K40$]-Spectre;947421 said:
Ok I played it. I suggest you the following things cause this maps really need some more work:
*Lower the hit point of gates.
*Improve the terrain, add doodads and such.
*Make way more abilities which aren't so weak and which aren't nearly the same.
*What is the weight of the song? I suggest you remove the song and place extra models in it's place or leave it like that so people can download it faster from battlenet.
*Add a rpg feature or something like that, that will make it more more fun also later in the game.
*Don't just recolor units in the world editor, be very carefull with it because most times it looks ugly and makes the game rubbish.

ok i agree with the gate
ill see what i i can do,i could make brinstar more rocky like,norfair and ridleys hideout the lava like, kraids hideout rock like,and tourian techno
if u mean for the bounty hunters,im not too sure on that part. metroid nes nvr had any abils rlly,and the abils are quite good,and not very similer. gandraya has the chain lightning, samus has the charged beam, ghor has the super big shot, and rundas has the ice missiles n such. ill look into it tho anyways
yes the song does make the dll slow,but imo its worth it XD if u had ever played metroid nes back in the day,this song would bring back some memorable times
an rpg feature?this isnt a rpg,and im not exactly positive what u mean,but i was planning on when i revamp the terrain,id move items around,and add a jump system, to make it seem a lil more fun
i didnt recolor much,i made the bounty hunters there basic color since i cant get there models,recolored ridley pink because,well hes pink XD,and kraid was oj.if i ever get any more models id be sure to drop the colors tho

thank you for the comments

edit:ive been working on a update,next update will have much more space(moved camera boundry) and will be much harder,plus if everyone could be paitant,i could add the terrain and jump system

Level 21
Well, you can read out of my written stuff in the first post what you could improve:

Terrain = 1/10 (no real terrain... just cliffs without any terrain variation)
Gameplay = 1/10 (empty world, no information..., dumb spells..)
Creativity = 1/10 (just a game copy with nothing special AT ALL)

3/30 = ...

A complete remake would be the only way.

Now start thinking: if theres no real terrain and just cliffs without any tile variation you could add... tile variation and doodads and such?

when there are dumb spells, no information and a empty world, what could you do? add informations, make more fun spells which look more like metroid spells and fill the world with some random events or planned events, which give a feeling of a living world (very important in such maps).

and the creativity thing is just because it is not a own idea, it is just a copy try of a game.

Level 3
tbh, the only "metroid spell" in metroid nes was rockets,everything else i added was never in the game,and only the charged beam was in other games

imo, terrain is the last thing im gonna do,id prefer to play a game with good game play than a game that looks cool

Level 3
Do BOTH things, because your game play is at the moment worse than your terrain.

It has absolutely NO depth and no real challenges inside.

If you can't take criticsm, don't make maps.

i shouldve tested the map a lil more,i realized it is way to easy a while ago. been working on that

and also,at some point i will make the boss fights a lil more epic,like for kraid i was going to make a unit on a cliff(not see able ofc) and have it casting stampeded while u r in the boss fight(which will be made a bigger room) and then change the models to some sort of thorn or spike,and kraid could be more of a grounded unit,but at certain points,he could get up and shoot down massive aoe fireballs. as for mother brain,i could do something like in the orig game,make a buncha units against the wall shooting off lasers,but making them slow enuf and non following,so u can dodge em

terrain will be redone, but again,not the 1st thing on my mind to do

as for abilities,im not going to add more,but i will probably make the abilities a little bit cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.