• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Metroid Container

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
The metroids have been captured by the infamous Space Pirates for experiments and have been placed in stasis cells for later use and study. The deadly Metroids are then enhanced through their experiments with Phazon or are killed in the process of tests. The space Pirates long to use Phazon as a weapon and merge with it to further enhance their power as a species and an empire.

Please give credits if you use this in your map. Thanks to Zerox for particles and his awesome texture. ;)

Please do not destribute without proper permission. Thank you.

Keywords:
mewtroid, prime, echoes, corruption, super, samus, aran, space, pirate, dark, container, ridley, baby, stasis, shield
Contents

Metroid Container (Model)

Reviews
18:55, 17th Oct 2008 Pyritie: Dude, wtf is with that poly count. Texture needs a lot of work. The glass should be Unshaded. Heck, the shader is weird all over the place. Please fix this. Oh, and part of the model is underground. Why is the metroid...

M

18:55, 17th Oct 2008
Pyritie: Dude, wtf is with that poly count. Texture needs a lot of work. The glass should be Unshaded. Heck, the shader is weird all over the place. Please fix this. Oh, and part of the model is underground. Why is the metroid spazzing inside anyway?

26th Oct 2008
Pyritie: Changes not made, resource rejected. If you ever get around to fixing this, feel free to resubmit it.

Level 26
way too many polies
and I think you should also create a version without the metroid but with an attachment with the metroids animations, because then people who use your container and xerox metroid model could attach the metroid model to your model and you would still get the same effect then + the file size would be lower.

Level 23
um... I don't think that is an easy thing to do... Because that isn't very simple, and I like simple. Simple's good. And how many people are going to attach a model to a doodad anyway?

Answer: Not many would think or even attempt that. It would require triggers. :/

Level 22
Hmm... Still way too much poies...
The glass part of the tube can be 1 segment... instead of like 10. This isn't usable as is, way too much polies :(

I like the concept, though. Maybe you could make the stand animation longer and the metroid move slower, like it's in a trance.

Level 23
and which places are those? the fangs on the metroid? I had origionally designed the metroid as a seperate model, but Zerox finished his metroid before me. :/ so I came up with the idea of putting mine in the container. :/ Should I have broken down the fangs to make it simpler?

Level 7
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WHAT DID THEY DO TO YOU SAMUS NOOO T_T!!!!!..... *wisper wisper* ohh.. so they didnt turn her into a weird round metroid or watever its called majigity..... *wisper*... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO THEY DID TURN MOTHER BRAIN INTO ONE T_T!!! T_T!!! nice model the metriod looks kinda..... odd... =D! NOOOO!

No. This is warcraft III, not oblivion. Also, even if limit is 3000, you are allowed to get past the limit if you ADD SOME DETAIL instead of just making stuff look smooth. Basically, "smooth" things are a big no no in warcraft, while detailed ones but highpoly are good. Smooth is when you put 16 sided cylinder just like that, where you could've put an 8 sided one. Or when you put a 5X25 poly sphere where you could simply make bilboarding plane (2 triangle). It's all about optimization.

Level 1
as this is the only kind of cryo/stasis unit i've seen made, i think it looks quite good. however, making a more 'wc3 human' sized model would definately solve that, as this ones a bit limited to metroid games. oh, and i don't rly care bout poly counts and stuff. so long as the model is up to the task of the mapper, it doesn't rly matter.

Level 1
Does it have a play death / play decay animation? 'Cause It'f be more useful (to me atleast) if it did, maybe just make a small hole in the glass and remove the metroid?