• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Metroid

Alright here is a metroid. It took a while to figure out how to make the outer part transparent so you could see the insides. I made this one slightly differently than my others. I used vertex modifer and a lot of primitives/pieces of my other models to make its basic shape and then I went into UV mapping and took a screenshot of the sorted out UV for it and layed that all out and made it based on the uv. So it fits it perfectly. I had to do some more work on it after I made my basic texture but I think it turned out pretty well. The Death animation is based off of Pyritie's Pancake death animation. And the rest just simple animations that have been adjusted to fit different bones. Took reading a few tutorials to make this but I like it. First attempt at particles too.

Enjoy.

Zerox

Note: The requester may not have the same name here on the hive. He requested it at Wc3Unlimited.

Edit: I didn't say this earlier but the guy is just awesome and deserves to be mentioned. Dan Van Ohllus played a big part on me being able to make this model. He has been good to me and answered questions I had on making things roundish and sphere's ect. He definetly deserves some good rep.

Update: Okay as Pyritie insisted the particles have been designed to look more like actual blood. Pyritie helped teach me how to do particles better so a big thank you goes to him. Also a death sound has been added now.

Keywords:
Metroid, Zerox, Samus, Nintendo
Contents

Metroid (Model)

Reviews
21:48, 10th Nov 2008 Pyritie: Looks decent and works ingame.
Level 2
Yeah Z-- can I call you Z Zerox? I'ma call you Z, Z. :cool:
Yeah Z, I dunno much about modeling or any of that crap that's all up ons this website. I just like looking at them an' gittin idears.:grin: Nuthin' wrong with that, this is just the first time I've shared them on the forum and they're really good I spose. And I'm talkin' 'bout my stand channel animation idea.
Well I gotsta run, my chairs callin.

Level 4
Super Metroid (SNES METROID ONLAY) Is probably one of my favorite games of all time ( To hell with the new ones imo ). Outstanding model!
+repz

Level 1
It looks pretty good, but it would be better if you worked out some animations for the claws, 'cause metroids grab with their claws. And a little bit of pulsating action in it would make it look more lifelike too. Still, pretty good.

Level 3
Great model and I would have used it in my current projects, BUT there I was really bummed that it did not have a channeling animation that could accompany a spell like a life drain, or even clamping on a guy's head. And the other thing was the run animation, I was hoping it'd be more of a side to side sway as it moved instead of just leaning.

Other than those two things, it's fantastic! Good job!