• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Metamorphosis Spell Help :O)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Ok, I want to create a spell where the character can shift back and forth between forms. For example, when I click (Wolf Form is the name) it, i want it to let me stay in the form as long as I want and then when I'm done, click the button to change back into human form. Can anyone help me and/or possibly make a trigger or something. Thanks! ~Frankie

Level 24
i don't have rep because i'm an ass :grin:. oh, and A) most of my posts are from wc3sear, (Edit: i want to say 374, but that's just me throwing a number out. it's close) B) most of my newer posts are all in off-topic C) i'm an ass

i don't believe crow form has a time limit. if it does, then use Medivh's (Neutral/Hostile), his doesn't.

Last edited:
Level 4
The Best Morph ability (for me at least) is Robo Goblin... Because also have fields for armor bonus and STR bonus (that is cool :) ).

To make any morph ability last for ever just change the field Duration-Hero to 0.00.....

I hope that will help you.

Level 24
mmm. on heroes, i believe that Duration-Unit is either how long it lasts before it automatically switches back, or how long it takes the actual switch to happen. BTW Beliar_, if you set Metamorphosis to duration 0, there is no way to switch back to normal without changing Gameplay Defaults, and enabling Metamorphosis Disable, or whatever it is. frankie11 said he wants to be able to switch back and forth. (Edit: read the post below this, anyways... really? i didn't know that. damn you and your checking things, now i need to see if the Metamorphosis Return or whatever is default enabled or not, because i KNOW it's in there. Edit2: it is called [highlight]Can Deactivate Metamorphosis (NYI)[/code])

anyways, gj with digging up Robo Goblin, i completely forgot about it (i don't use it in RPs, i don't play ladder)

Last edited:
Level 4
BTW Beliar_, if you set Metamorphosis t to duration 0, there is no way to switch back to normal without changing Gameplay Defaults, and enabling Metamorphosis Disable, or whatever it is. frankie11 said he wants to be able to switch back and forth.

Emm I stand behind my word... I wouldn't write that down if would not be true, and I just checkit again just for you:wink: I used normal Demon Hunters Morph...and set is Hero Duration to 0... It works fine and you can still GO NORMALY BACK TO ORIGINAL FORM :wink::wink:

Level 24
Emm I stand behind my word... I wouldn't write that down if would not be true, and I just checkit again just for you:wink: I used normal Demon Hunters Morph...and set is Hero Duration to 0... It works fine and you can still GO NORMALY BACK TO ORIGINAL FORM :wink::wink:

okay so anyways, i went and checked it like my edit in the last post said. you're totally going to love this.

unfortunately, i now have a very VERY VERY bad feeling about SCII :sad:

Attachments

• Meta Constant.JPG
    Meta Constant.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 206
Level 24
Change metamorphosis duriation to 0.00 then
Advanced(top of bar) - Gameplay constants - Check the use custom Gameplay constants - Gameplay - Can Deactivate Metamorphosis (true)

I think that should work, without the hassle

we just went over that you don't need to change Can Deactivate Metamorphosis (NYI) if its duration is set to 0. please read before you post.
i'm not saying that Beliar_ wasn't telling the truth, i believe him because people tend to like proving other people wrong, i'm pointing out a glitch in WE.

i actually brought up the fact that it's a problem in the Off-Topic forums (link).

Edit: lol i just saw your comment about me saying i'm an ass RedBlade... well what's wrong with saying the truth? i'm not an ass all the time, but i might as well be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.