• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Metamorphosis Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Okay so this is a question regarding the ability 'Metamorphosis' (as you may have guessed).

So my question is, well it's hard to explain so bear with me. So if a unit casts this spell and their stats are higher than that of the unit they transform into (e.g. Demon Hunter morphing into Demon Form), then does the game take this into account and change the Demon Form's stats?

I have a unit, and in the ability editor it says 'Alternate form hit point bonus - 800', but it doesn't even gain that many hitpoints, as a matter of fact in some circumstances the hero actually loses health by activating the ability.

Any help is greatly appreciated and I will hand out rep. :wink:

Level 6
In that case I recommend to assure that the targeted unit has the same strength/hitpoint stats as the casting unit to avoid any trouble. The hitpoint bonus itself works fine, i am using it in my map.
Once being transformed, the stats the transforming unit has had first are being ignored and the datas from the targeted unittype will be used instead. Strength/agility/intelligence bonusses through tomes and so on seemingly remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.