• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mesh Rigging Malfunction [MDLVIS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello there!
I have been trying to replace the skeleton on Happycockroach's CryptRider
model with the Priest Model by Blizzard, I.E replacing the geosets and rig the new mesh using MDLVIS onto the bones already in place by Happycockroach. However, I believe either there's something I'm missing in the rigging, or there's something which I do not know about reagrding how bones interact with vertices, because the mesh does not follow the movement of the bones... Or well they do move, but not as "much" as they should/I would like them to.

The most obvious example is the Animation "death", as it has the most drastic movement.

Attachments

• CryptRider.MDX
    142.1 KB · Views: 72
Level 10
I checked which bones the geoset I imported were refering to in The MatrixEater. Turns out MDLVIS had assigned the imported mesh to an invisible bone called "Bone_Null", which caused the deformaties.

Edit: Any time you assign a vertice to a bone in MDLVIS 1.40, the phenomenon described above occurs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.