• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Merging two Hero Auras into one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRious

M

MrRious

Hey. As the title says I want to make a custom Aura which would use the benefits of two already existing ones. Of course this would also include leveling up this passive skill. I know I could probably figure this out on my own, but since you already know the best solution, I figured it would be a good idea to ask here.

Bonus points if it's trigger free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
You stick the two auras in a spellbook.
Not sure about this (absolutely sure somebody would be kind enough to correct me if I am wrong), you can experiment with: A spellbook can be made passive (uncastable) so you just use the spellbook.

Otherwise you need triggers :) Make a dummy ability, anything passive that would show on the hero and the player can level it up himself.
And a trigger that detects when the ability is leveled and levels up a hidden spellbook containing the two auras.

regards
-Ned

Last edited:
Level 12
You stick the two auras in a spellbook.
Not sure about this (absolutely sure somebody would be kind enough to correct me if I am wrong), you can experiment with: A spellbook can be made passive (uncastable) so you just use the spellbook.

This should absolutely work. :)

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 63
The Hero learns 1 of the Auras and you add the other Aura with triggers. The added Aura would be hidden, which can be done in the Object Editor by setting its button position to 0,-11.

The Learnable Aura would give the illusion that it contains both effects.

If you use 2 Auras you'll end up with 2 Buffs but there's no real way of getting around that unless you use something other than an Aura for 1 of the effects.

• Example
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Devotion Aura
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Devotion Aura for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Endurance Aura (Hidden) to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Endurance Aura (Hidden) for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Devotion Aura for (Triggering unit))
^ Combining Devotion Aura + Endurance Aura

Status
Not open for further replies.