1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Mercenary Hero - Gnoll Warlock

Submitted by Direfury
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Ranged Neutral Hero.

Feel free to use and/or edit this model, so long as you credit me.

EDIT:
Added alternate form.

Keywords:
Gnoll, Hero, Warlock, Mage, Necromancer, Mercenary
Contents

Mercenary Hero - Gnoll Warlock (Model)

Reviews
19:23, 5th Feb 2016 HappyCockroach: A great addition to your gnoll horde. One of the best, in my opinion. It is alright in filesize, in case the Gnoll_shared texture is used extensively, and that's the purpose of usage for those gnolls, I assume....
  1. 19:23, 5th Feb 2016
    HappyCockroach:

A great addition to your gnoll horde. One of the best, in my opinion. It is alright in filesize, in case the Gnoll_shared texture is used extensively, and that's the purpose of usage for those gnolls, I assume.
    The mesh is impeccable, the textures are well chosen, and go along well with your custom one. Fits nicely the wc3 atmosphere. Functional aspects are all fulfilled too. The issues are really few:
    - Please specify the Walk and the Run speed at the description, since you have 2 kinds of walk anim. (the Art parameter in Object Editor)
    - A portrait talk anim would be nice, too.
    Overall, great job. Keep them coming :)

2. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The Warlock is designed to use orbs similar to those of the Blood Mage. The Spell Channel animation will cause them to emit a dark glow, if those attachments are present.

3. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I'm really glad that someone moderated this model like it deserves. I think that Direfury deserves more atention than he gets. I personally like how you used your texture on several models. My only dislikes are that you used same animations for almost every gnoll model, that's not bad but on some models some animations don't really fit. My opinion. Keep up, Dire, I wanna see you get a DC sometime, you definitely deserved it. Hope to see more human lore heroes, like Lothar, Khadgar, Medivh, as you are great at making HQ models with ingame textures.

4. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I'm no WE expert, but I've always assumed that the Movement Speed portion of each animation was related to peak speed. For example, if the Peasants' movespeed is set to 190, the animation will play as displayed in editors, if it moves at a speed of 190, and will speed up if the unit moves at a speed of 270 ingame, or conversely, slow down if the ingame movespeed is lowered.

The Gnoll movespeed values are set in accordance to this idea.

5. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's kind of tricky, the Move Speed thing.

The amount you set at the "Art - Animation - Walk Speed" will inform how many units of in-game distance your model apparently walks per second in its "Walk" animation, if he's at 1.00 scale. The value "Art - Animation - Run Speed", how many units it apparently walks per second in its "Walk Fast" animation.

Then, if the unit's ACTUAL Movespeed is closer to the Walk, it will perform the normal walk, if it's closer to the Run, it will perform Walk Fast. If your unit is buffed, for instance, it might change its animation from 'walk' to 'walk fast' based only on its movespeed change. The animation speed is scaled based on the ratio unit_speed / apparent_model_speed.

Every model must have an apparent walk speed, and an apparent run speed, recommended by the author. If a model has no "walk fast", run speed value in WE doesn't matter.

I tested your model and I believe Art - Walk Speed is around 170, and Run Speed around 260, but you might have defined that already by yourself while animating.

6. MOS_19D4GB4PL

MOS_19D4GB4PL

Resources:
    Resources:
    I had an idea for ingame warlock hero... and now, someone created a perfectly fitting model for it. Thank you very much Direfury! You rule!
    Like really, the model and animations are even way better than they seem to be! Which already is really good. :goblin_yeah:
    And really nice idea with basic attack animations :thumbs_up:
    You make such a great things, I have a request tho - do not stop

7. Lone Adventurer

Lone Adventurer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Finally an @$$ burning warlock!!!

8. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very loving this one , well design, good job mate :)

9. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome work :D

10. Letgoit2

Letgoit2

Resources:
    Resources:
    League of Legends

THis metamorphesis looks like The Hero Champion Galio in LoL :D nice one!:goblin_good_job: