• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mercenaries: Need a Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
OK, time for a new map I said today... so I brainstormed... what games do I like to play... Baldurs Gate, Champions of Norrath, Fable... hmm

Then I decided I'm going to make a game where you basically are a mercenary for hire.

Map Info:
You start off in a large town {you can get to other towns} and anybody who need help in town will offer you a job, anyhting from cleanse this cave full of trolls, or give this letter to this person, a very wide variety of quests, and I plan on making 60+ quests.

Players: Undecided

About me:
I am pretty good with the editor. I can make allmost all of the need things, what I need help with is listed below. I have worked on a lot of maps over the years, but they were all single player and just for me, I now want to do something that could be a bigtime multiplayer bnet success. Any help is greatly appreciated as I know I cannot do this alone.

Needs:
- Terrainer (Someone who can make the map look good)
- Spell Ideas (I'm pretty good at making spells, but may require help on challenging spells as I do not use JASS)
- Skinner/Modeler (I don't ask for much maybe just 2 or 3 little things)
- Cinematics (This is my WEAK spot I cannot do cinematics at all)

If anyone is interested please get ahold of me on MSN Messenger ([email protected]) I am on their the most, but heres my AIM (Shaman of Doom) and YIM (chytil10), I am usually only on MSN though. I will check here too.

Level 8
k man ill help with terrain cause its so fun (usually i finish a terrain and start the units and get bored and give up)

i can give u some spell ideas depending on the hero or whatever... if u need hero ideas to i can help there

Level 4
I could help you out for spells, i guess. If you're in desperate straits you could call on me for cinematics. I only made one so far for my own thingy, but I think I pretty much have the hang of it.

Level 9
Blademaster said:
Just little clips at the begining of quest that advance the story... and maybe a nice intro

i can do that, if they're to be made in seperate maps, then send me the script, else you can send me the map right away, with a script included.
I can also do terrain for cinematics.

Level 5
allright ill contat you when it is needed..

I will be gone for the weekend, a family thing.. anyone who is interested in helping us out keep posting, i'll be back sunday.

peace :arrow:

edit: nvm change of plans i'll be here

Level 5
OK, now the map is under way and looking good so far.
But I do not know how many selectable heroes there shoudl be... Heres the List so far:

Light Mage - A holy, divine mage.
Spearman - Skill fighter uses a spear.
Warrior - Skilled fighter, born leader.
Knight - Basic man-at-arms, defensive.
Paladin - Divine knight.
Summoner - Mage specializing in summoning.
Dark Mage - A mage you causes, and uses death to aid him.
Cavalry - Warrior on a horse.
Monk - Lawful, versatile warrior.
Thief - Specializes in thievery.
Huntress - Female, specializes with a bow.

I need more ideas, or is this enough?
They must be Human.

Status
Not open for further replies.