• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Menu to spawn units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
How do you create a menu at the start of the map to select the units you want. I sorta want it to spawn a building and 5 units like in a melee-like map

Level 9
It sounds like you want the Dialog function.

In the trigger editor, take a look at Dialog. (You can use the trigger-search functions)
You can make a little menu appear with buttons. You have to assign variabels to the buttons, (Crt-X in Trigger editor) then use the Event - Dialog Button Is Clicked and then it'll run that trigger, in your case being the starting units.

Example, off the top of my head:
Create Dialog
Set Dialog Title = "Pick A Race"
Add Dialog Button to LastCreatedDialog with text "Orc"
set Button1 to LastCreatedDialogButton..
Add Dialog button to text "Human"
set Button1 to LastCreatedDialogButton..
etc...
Show LastCreated Dialog for the player.

Then create triggers, with the event
If button1 is clicked..

Do your stuff.s

Level 3
you mean a "dialog" ? just tell me which kind of menu or which map has the one you want to have

My map Warcraft War of the factions... once it has that it would be ready for beta testing... plus im having a little bit of trouble of hero limits...

Status
Not open for further replies.