• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Melody of Dissonance v1.2

Reactions: deepstrasz
Contents

Melody of Dissonance v1.2 (Map)

Level 22
No, thats a real quote.

Excellent map, by the way. Nice texturing, good balancing, involving story, and no rouph edges whatsoever. I enjoyed it a lot. Complete with a reasonable file size, too. I think you should make the enemies stronger depending on how many players there are.

Great work! Keep it up!
-VGsatomi

Level 9
very nice map one of the nicest map i have ever played :D
am sure u made all those custom spell for the starting heros right? thats y it makes the map cool :D

but then the bad part is that u dont get ur hirelings but when they died on the ice land... the place where u fight cpyt lord and naga witch together, 2 of my hirelings died and i cant fight on myself...

Level 1
Cool ... I like this map, but the loading time is simply ... horrifying ... hahaha ... at least to my friend's computer ... The gameplay however is GREAT! GODLIKE! PERFECT! ... maybe the author can make a "light" version for this map with lesser loading time and lag? :idea:

Level 2
Very good map. Enjoy it thoroughly except it needs some balancing help :( The goblin machine the Chemist gets into....has heavy armor. This causes this shotty device to die very quickly. Also, the Clerics Ultimate is sub-par for the gameplay of some of the other classes. Also, the hirelings are a nice touch, but maybe make them as unlockables with a save system to allow acess to them? The load lag is terrible but it worth enduring FOR SURE! 4/5

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. Totally old school, even gold is taken like a normal item.
  2. Too bad the camera is locked. Never liked it because you can't use the minimap for navigation and more annoyingly because ranged units might shoot at you without being seen on the screen especially from the north and south.
  3. Stronger units seem to be giving usual low level items.
  4. Since it's always night, you can bypass most creatures.
  5. Well, I guess the farmer scene should start after the ogres are all dead.
  6. Quests have non-DISBTN icons (green squares).
  7. Not sure what gnolls to find for the farmer's weapon if all have been killed before getting the quest.
  8. Items like Cloak of Fire can kill neutral passive units. Not that it matters?
  9. Most if not all ramps are glitched.
  10. Not sure how is this supposed to work well: fighting those mages near a fountain of health. From my experience, the obvious advantage is on the heroes.
  11. A problem is that you could potentially die in the desert, a place that requires save-load which is a pain in multiplayer.
  12. No more experience on neutrals after level 5.
  13. The southern part of the Swamp of Sighs looks ugly because you can see the dust cliffs and terrain right after the grass ends abruptly. That part should not be playable.
  14. I guess you have to be careful where you kill the flying sheep, else no branch?
It's nice map, but that's kind of it. For its time it might have been quite good.

Last edited:
Level 23
Two points:
A) The thief class quest should mention that the quest item needs to be stolen, as posed to being hidden in the city as an item.
B) The flying dragon boss in the end region should be a ground unit, as melee heroes have too much trouble killing it if they solely rely on the net ability to bring it to the ground.