• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Melee Night Elf Building Pathing

Level 7
I'm facing an issue on my map sometimes when playing against standard AI (standard melee teams), when one Computer player is Night Elf. The map is a modified version of Deathrose, so I'm sure this could be replicated in that map. The Night Elf team sometimes blocks itself in with its Moon Wells, significantly handicapping the team. I thought I might be able to fix this by changing the pathing map of Moon Wells to that of altars, but then they just don't build any Moon Wells. Any other ways I could deal with this without having to significantly modify the shape of the starting location?

Level 18
I think the setting in object editor called "AI Placement Radius" or something like that, will make the AI space them out more. But then the map won't strictly be considered melee if you edit Object Editor settings? Is this this setting you edited or the full on pathing setting?

Short of that, sometimes even doing slight changes will cause the AI to build drastically different, in my experience.

Level 7
I think the setting in object editor called "AI Placement Radius" or something like that, will make the AI space them out more. But then the map won't strictly be considered melee if you edit Object Editor settings? Is this this setting you edited or the full on pathing setting?

Short of that, sometimes even doing slight changes will cause the AI to build drastically different, in my experience.
I'll try out adjusting the AI placement radius!