• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Getting Rid of the Beggining peasants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
How would i go about this? i want to make it where all the races start with their beggining building but do not have any of their simple grunts or units.

this is for a concept.

if you can think of a better idea to do this than please tell..

i love melee maps, and altered melee.. i've been modding maps lately, and now i'm trying this new thing out.

you can only select up to four races. well this is all fine and dandy, but what of the people who want to have more than four. well i thought of a simple solution, and that's to edit the beggining building to have nothing but the ability to upgrade to multiple buildins which in fact are the starter buildings (the originals are edited i've just made copes of the original and told them to go their)

but, lets say you chose night elf, you would have a choice between Naga, Night Elf. (so far this is the only thing that is planned)

you choose Orc, you get Orcs (that's all that is planned)

Choose Undead (you get Worgen and Standard undead)

Human (you get Human, and Elves)

but i don't want any form of starting units just buildings. and when you choose your building, you can then start buying workers...

anyway to do this without triggers, and if triggers are a must, then please provide =3

Level 5
Don't use that! That to Complicated, make it so player choose the race at the start of map, now I'm make an extra race map too.

Level 3
That's not difficult, having a starting building, and then clicking the building and choosing the races starting building to then start with that race is not complicated game play wise nor code wise. i just don't like triggers and avoid them as much as possible and all i wish to know is how to remove the workers from start up.

This map might as well be private amongst me and my friends anyway i couldn't upload it with the models it has in it =/ i got it from a really good model site, but they like to rip models from other games.

i just wish to know how to remove the workers, but not the building at start up.

Level 8
in the trigger (if you didn't edit anything yet), remove this in the Map Initialization trigger
  • Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)
that will, of course, remove the starting workers and the starting Hall. you have to trigger the creation of the player's Hall.

Level 11
Open the trigger editor. There should be a single trigger in place.

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Give trained Heroes a Scroll of Town Portal (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
      • Melee Game - Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)
Remove this

Now you need to create a new action (Right click -> New Action). Search for "Player Group". Create an action like this:

• Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
Under Actions, create another action; search for "Create unit":

• Unit - Create 1 Town Hall for (Picked player) at ((Picked player) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
When you click to choose the player, there should be 3 submenus: Preset, Variable and Function. "Picked player" is under Function. Same for the location.

In the end your Melee Initialization trigger should look like this:

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Give trained Heroes a Scroll of Town Portal (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
      • Melee Game - Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Town Hall for (Picked player) at ((Picked player) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
Where "Town Hall" is whatever building you want to upgrade into the other races.

Level 3
This is perfect thank you =3

ofcourse AI doesn't work, but AI in my opinion will be easy... hopefully.

this ofcourse wasn't apart of my plan, but this opens up many possibilities.

this actually adds more factions than just four, i can have many i mean more than 22 races. this is beautiful.

thank you, very much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.