• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Issue With Night Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Someone gave me a night trigger a long time ago, but it has some problems:

1. Buildings have a shade on them.

2. Once night time it doesn't turn day time again.

Here's a screenshot with the night trigger, notice how some areas are darker, most noticeable on the roof of hunter's hall, the wood columns in moon wells and altar of elders.

https://i.imgur.com/31MjQcq.jpg

Here's a screenshot without the night trigger for comparison.

https://i.imgur.com/Xblx2vk.jpg

Level 13
Please, post your trigger using these tags: [trigger]Your code here[/trigger]

upload_2018-6-7_3-3-57.png

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Give trained Heroes a Scroll of Town Portal (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
      • Melee Game - Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)

Need to escape the backslashes; replace "\" with "\\" in all cases.

yeah! I forgot about those.

This is how it should look like:

• Custom script: call SetDayNightModels( "Environment\\DNC\\DNCLordaeron\\DNCLordaeronTerrain\\DNCLordaeronTerrain.mdx", "Environment\\DNC\\DNCLordaeron\\DNCLordaeronUnit\\DNCLordaeronUnit.mdx")

A Void

Thanks for the script, but now in night time the night trigger doesn't occur.

I just gave you a trigger to turn back default day time on, what you do with it is your own choice. You have to learn to trigger things on your own, or .. you can make a request for someone to create the trigger for you.

Level 7
I mean, I wanted to have the normal day time but have the custom night time. If I wanted both normal day and night time I would just disable the trigger lol. Thanks for trying to help me though.

I mean, I wanted to have the normal day time but have the custom night time. If I wanted both normal day and night time I would just disable the trigger lol. Thanks for trying to help me though.

I'm afraid that's not possible without editing the DNC lightning model itself. Alternatively, you can switch DNC models using that function but it's not going to transition smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.