• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Melee Initialization - Not Running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Greetings people :grin:
I have a little problem with Wc3 World Editor as stated above.
As i have searched through this forums for a solution i didn't find any nor did it help using the 'search' engine.
So i will ask here and see if anyone can help with this problem.

I have created a map and created few triggers in the Melee Initialization.
The problem is, when i start the map, to simply try it out - it doesn't show any error or such, but the triggers i set in the Melee Initialization won't work.

A simply explanation;
I created a few triggers in the Melee initialization category, and when i run the map, the triggers created won't work - no error shows up but it simply does not work. What i changed was simple stuff such as - set clock to 9.00 - play peasent work animation etc - simple stuff that should work.
Any idea why the triggers and the whole category doesn't work?

Thank you so far for taking your time.
It is highly appreciated. :wink:

Level 3
Explain more about the actions. Also, you should only be using 1 trigger for Melee Initialization.

Greetings
I am only using one Melee Initialization trigger.
My triggers in the Initialization is:

Action-
-Set time to 9.0
-Set value of unit A = 1
-Set value of unit B = 2
-Set music volume to 100%
-Stop all music
-Set music theme = xxxxx

And this is pretty much all of it.
When the map starts, nothing of these written above will work, the music doesnt start nor does it change, nor does the value change, nor the time.
Any idea?

Level 3
The Melee Initialization can only be used to the triggers in the Melee Initialization group.
Such as Create starting units etc.
You cant use Melee Initialization, and then make, lets say, a "Hero -" trigger, then you have to do, like Marshmalo said: "Game - game time elapsed is xx.xx seconds"

Level 3
The Melee Initialization can only be used to the triggers in the Melee Initialization group.
Such as Create starting units etc.
You cant use Melee Initialization, and then make, lets say, a "Hero -" trigger, then you have to do, like Marshmalo said: "Game - game time elapsed is xx.xx seconds"

Tbh this works for Melee Initialization.
It worked before and one day it just stopped for some weird reason.
Though however what i use right there doesnt affect the trigger to start at Initialization.

Level 8
Just make a second trigger, and have it run at 1.00 seconds.

And I don't think that people will appreciate the volume to 100% (especially me!!!). THen, if they have stereo, it will blast their ear's out; and the least thing you want for a new map is there to be negative stuff.

Other than that, I do not know whats wrong. I use the intialization; well, I did, then I found that having things run at intialization slightly increases load-time. Not much, but still. Having things fire in first 1-3 sec usually works. Problem should be solved now.

Level 7
And I don't think that people will appreciate the volume to 100% (especially me!!!). THen, if they have stereo, it will blast their ear's out; and the least thing you want for a new map is there to be negative stuff.

Yeah,I damn hate those maps with the the musics that you cant turn off.
Even if the gameplay is good I quit the game just to avoid the horrible music!
Why the hell do you even put your own music in your damn map?!
Everyone got their own taste in music and it takes more map size besides I always listen to my MP3 music while playing I really hate maps with music!!!!

Sorry.
Bye.

• Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 3
Yeah,I damn hate those maps with the the musics that you cant turn off.
Even if the gameplay is good I quit the game just to avoid the horrible music!
Why the hell do you even put your own music in your damn map?!
Everyone got their own taste in music and it takes more map size besides I always listen to my MP3 music while playing I really hate maps with music!!!!

Sorry.
Bye.

This is probably the most childish comment i've ever heard in my life.
If the map creator do create lets say for example;
A dragon ball Z map, then the map should have dragon ball Z soundtracks and effects to give the players a feeling of the map, don't you think?

Level 3
I can agree with both... As long as you can turn off the music its fine for me...
Btw, what happened to the topic? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.