• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Megalith - V1.5

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

Megalith - V1.5 (Map)

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Nantuko_Husk: chill dude :) there was nothing of importance in what i wrote in norwegian to ArchaelN. u could say i was testing him :wink: i wont start jabbing on in norwegian in the near future, it was just this one time... if u have to know, all i said in norwegian that could maybe be of ure interest was that i encouraged ArchaelN to give the Al some kind of advantage, so that it wouldn't be so damn easy to kill them late game, when everyone else has got items n stuff...

Level 8
Nantuko_Husk: chill dude icon_smile.gif there was nothing of importance in what i wrote in norwegian to ArchaelN. u could say i was testing him icon_wink.gif i wont start jabbing on in norwegian in the near future, it was just this one time... if u have to know, all i said in norwegian that could maybe be of ure interest was that i encouraged ArchaelN to give the Al some kind of advantage, so that it wouldn't be so damn easy to kill them late game, when everyone else has got items n stuff...

Yea okay but.. were i wrong that thought that norway speaks english mean is their 1st language...[/code]

EDIT:As about joey i dnt think that placing everything on 1 jass trigger would be better, it would be called so oftern and the problem on megalith is not that triggers increase map size, its that arch needs less triggers he has placed lots of them for no reason. what i say arch and Dspawn proved total amount of trigs initially about 605 now with Dspawn help decreased to 350. and less triggers would cause less leaks because less events will fire and the machine will have less work at a time.

Level 2
Alright, V1.4 is here. Took alot of work, but it's done. Here's the change-list.

- Reduced size from 1.61 MB to 1.49 MB.

- Added smart function to Megara. Right-Clicking an enemy will order her Dragon to attack, just like using a normal attack.

- Fixed some AI bugs, AI is improved. They will dance damage better and will survive longer.

- Removed Astral Paragon's ultimate. He will get a new, really nice Ult soon.

- Nerfed Lightning Enchanced a little more, fixed a display error.

- Added several in-game sounds to many abilities.

- Map load time reduced. V1.4 doesn't use widgetizer, because of several bugs me and Ryude discovered with the program.
Once the new version of Widgetizer is out, expect the map to load in less than 10 seconds.

- Greatly increased performance speed. I have played V1.4 on 3 medium-end computers, and it has virtually no stress whatsoever.

- Reduced number of triggers from 600+ to 263. Big thanks to 1)ragonspawn who helped with like 200 of those.

- Oblivion Spirit (Firelord) has a new spell called Molten Boulder, which knocksback, burns, stuns, and deals damage to units.
It basically launches a rolling fiery boulder which does all this. The boulder will bounce off cliffs and obstacles
(doodads, rocks, barricades, etc), will drop down from cliffs (if it can) and will sink in deep water. It is also capable of
hitting more than once, since it basically pushes / knocks back any unit it hits. It deals low damage per hit, but if it hits
more than once, added to the burning, it's a strong spell. Oh, it also deals 5 times normal damage if it hits a building.
(YOU WANTED SEIGE!?)

- Added a new award system. The awards are: Double Kill, Triple Kill, Killtacular, Killing Spree, and Running Riot. (Halo Style)
Each time a player gets an award, the announcer will yell it. Props to Eul for extracting the sound files from Halo for me.
Double Kill: Kill 2 heros within 10 seconds of eachother. 200 bonus gold.
Triple Kill: Kill 3 heros within 10 secs of eachother. 400 gold + 1 spirit charm.
Killtacular: Kill 4 within 10 secs of eachother. 600 gold + 2 spirit charms.
Killing Spree: Kill 5 heros without dying. +300 gold.
Running Riot: Kill 10 heros without dying. +600 gold.

- New hero selection system. Click a hero once to see a short description, click it again to select.
If you are curious as to where the heros came from, check them out.

- New, more efficient FPS camera system. Use ESC key to turn it on, instead of Up Arrow.

- When you select your hero, view will stay in overhead. FPS camera won't come in at all until you press ESC.

- Fixed many many misc. reported bugs.

- Reduced tax income from CPU players from 20% to 10%.

- Remember the cavern/waterfall part of the bottom lane? You no longer need to go through it to play there.
A new path has been opened up, and this is the new bottom lane. All spawns / NPC's who normally went through the cavern will now take this new route. This was done so that people having problems with FPS camera (the only view
you can use in the cavern) can play bottom lane.
This is what it looks like:

newright1ui.jpg

- But this new lane is not without dangers. 2 Mountain Golems lurk above the valley pass, and they will regularly throw
rolling boulders down at passing units.

rock13pb.jpg

rock22qv.jpg

^ Boulders deal 20 dmg per hit.

- Moved Larzuk (Unique item shop) to the caverns in bottom lane.

- Removed the Mask of Truth Unique Item.

- Added Golden Armor, the most powerful armor in the game, to Larzuk shop.

- Added 1 race-specific shop to each base.These shops sell various items, but most importantly, they carry a tome of Town Portal
that has 2 charges, and can be used to teleport back to the Megalith or a friendly Forest Shrine.

- Flamebellow now casts Sear instead of Inferno. Sear deals 150 damage to the target and stuns it for 3(1) seconds.

- Hero's Bane stats changed to +5 All Stats, -30 Exp Per hit, +50% dmg heros, -50% dmg units & buildings.

- Reduced / Adjusted prices of alot of items.

- Added a Goblin Alchemist shop next to Big Lou, where Larzuk used to be. Sells % heal potions. Placeholder for more alchemy items.

- Added Hell's Embrace potion, Elder Unær Blade, Tome of Town Portal, Leather Patch, Honey Herb, Venom Darts, and Shadow Bow
racial items to their respective shops in the 2 bases.

- Map is once again revealed to all players, Megalith style.

- Stances will be back for V1.5, I am still thinking of ways to make them useful / fitting with the gameplay.

- Enjoy V1.4! :)

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
The update is great! i love the new path n items! Still don't like the way the heroes work though,
but that might just be me...
well, anyway, i just wanna say some things that would make ME enjoy the game more
(not necessaryly others, i know, i'm a selfish bastard :) ) so this isn't excactly important changes :D
(so far i haven't tried out all the heroes, but this is the conclusions i've come to so far.)

anyway.., i would like to hear ur oppinion on these matters:

1)I don't like the way Tirendris' spells r made. I think u could make it more like a duration instead of % chance to hit. u could have duration between each strike so that the duration between the strikes would decrease as u lvl up the spell, if u know what i mean... btw, any ulti coming for him?.. srry, haven't really thought this out very well :? ...

2) For some reason, the Æsyr always manage to dmg the corrupted treefolks shrine more than they get in return.

3) I don't understand why the Mørkefolk has to go past the rockthrowers to get to Larzuk, and the Æsyr don't...

4) I'm still hoping u could make the hero-system somewhat more like in BotG... it's just so boring when the comp has the same heroes all the time,
and he get's SO PWNED! ;) and it's more fun when u can shoose urself how many heroes u wanna have in the game.

I guess u've put a lot of work into these heroes, and it would be a shame if they just dissapeared,
but they kinda imbalance the game... late game they r easy too kill, they just run in front n die, especially mid.

So instead, would it be possible to make them into super-creeps instead of heroes?..
there could be a nice price of money or something to kill them, coz they r hard to kill because of the tp abilities,
but it would stop beeing an easy way to get charms n stuff... So, these guys could be like pushers,
that u can coose to try to kill to get xp n some money,
or u can just ignore them and push on instead, without wasting any hp and mana on them...
If u don't wanna make any of these changes, at least balance the heroes better; an example:
Anetheron ALWAYS pushs better than Silverblade on middle lane. He also destroys tower alot easier with his spell.
So if those two guys r left alone and u just push on other lanes, the Mørkefolk will get the advantage...
Silveblade is also easier to kill because he doesn't get as much str as Aneth.

Anyway, i would really appreciate it if u could find some kind of sollution to this that would please everyone :)

Oh and plz, if u r just dead tired of listening to this whinig about the Al's over and over again, and u wont even consider doing
anything about it, just say the word n i'll stfu :D

Well, now u've heard a few propositions from a nobody.., if u don't do any of these changes, i hope it was good for something anyway... *hope there not too much errors in this comment...
Think i'll stop writing now, coz it already takes FOREVER to load this forum :(

U'll prob hear from me in the near future

Great admirerer and fan of ur work ArchaelN, keep it up!

Level 2
1)I don't like the way Tirendris' spells r made. I think u could make it more like a duration instead of % chance to hit. u could have duration between each strike so that the duration between the strikes would decrease as u lvl up the spell, if u know what i mean... btw, any ulti coming for him?.. srry, haven't really thought this out very well ...

Yes, there is an Ultimate coming for him. Tirendris was a hero designed by a friend of mine, and I think he did an excellent job. He's a very unique hero, using Masteries as skills instead of leveling actual spells. He is a very different hero, and because of his uniqueness I won't do anything that would water him down.

2) For some reason, the Æsyr always manage to dmg the corrupted treefolks shrine more than they get in return.

I don't know why this happens. However, it is probably a side-effect of the non-symmetrical terrain.
They are even in stats... so it shouldn't be much of a problem in a real game.

3) I don't understand why the Mørkefolk has to go past the rockthrowers to get to Larzuk, and the Æsyr don't...

They don't. Look again. There's 2 entrances to the cavern! Also, creeps will go in that cavern for v1.5

4) I'm still hoping u could make the hero-system somewhat more like in BotG... it's just so boring when the comp has the same heroes all the time, and he get's SO PWNED! and it's more fun when u can shoose urself how many heroes u wanna have in the game.

Those are the NPC's I created for the bases. They are PART of the lanes. I guess I could add more heros, but I don't see the point. Playing alongside an NPC is alot of fun.

About the NPC's being weak late-game, yes. They don't buy items on their own. Getting items for them (Example, mana regen on Anetheron the Pitlord) is an awesome strategy, however. Keep in mind that NO NPC's HAVE ULTIMATES at the moment, and when they do, you will find them useful late-game. :D

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Thx for all the answers :)

* About the rockthrowers, i'm srry i didn't see that, but, The Mørkefolk still gotta go past the throwers to get to Rùnner&Rikket...
or through the caves, but it still gives the Æsyr an advantage.

* Oh, and there was something i forgot to say in the last comment.
i was wondering if u could do something about the goblin alchemist?..
at first, he was VERY funny :lol: and the effects r very nice! maybe it's just me,
but i think he gets VERY annoying after a while
with the soundeffects n the shimmering lights...

* Might have a sollution to the Treefolk-problem... would it be possible to make the spirits invu, untill the protector is built?.. then both shrines would be dmg, but u could raise their hp-regen a bit. the effect of this change:
if u play long enough, then both shrines will get destroyed (if syncronised good enough) and suddenly both teams will get
another way of pushing the other team, without having tried it at all...
OR u could drop the spirits, and just let protectors spawn right awaym if that is possible...
anyway, just consider these options =)

* When it comes to the heroes, i'll stop this nonsence now :p i guess it was stupid of me to bring it up in the first place,
games aren't funny anymore if they're all the same... so, i apologise :)

But, u still have some balancing and fixing to do with those heroes. One thing i've noticed, having played the map a few times
is that sometimes the Witch goes mid lane along with Anetheron, and the Sorceress pushes alone...
This affects the game alot, coz the two of them manage to push Silverblade back all the time, so he doesn't get an xp-advantage either...

And did i mention before that Maytalus often get's lost walking around the map n stuff?.. and when The Mørkefolk's first tower
is down, and he reaches the other, he often walks right into their base and dies, while trying to fall back or something...
he also got stuck once, in the water where he tp's back to base...

About the lvl, is the lvl cap gonna stay on lvl 10?.. coz that's kinda boring... :cry:

i'll keep testing the map and give u feedback. if u wanna, i'll suggest some
balance-changes n stuff like that later on, but if u don't want me to, i'll stay to this.

(i just wish i could host so that i could make this
game better known on b.net... i don't even know what i gotta do to be able to host :oops: )

well, cya soon. *prays to the mighty gods of warcraft that v1.5 will come soon...* :D

Level 2
Ok, I read your suggestions, I will reply on what will actually change.
1) Hero cap will go to lvl 15 in the future.
2) All AI bugs have been fixed.
3) It's true, Aesyr have to go through rock throwers to get to Goblin shop, but seriously, rocks do 20 dmg, IF they hit? Aesyr have the advantage in other places.
4) NPC's still need Ultimates.
5) If Forest Spirits are invuln, that lane won't be fun. It's fun to interrupt them and compete with other heros.
6) I agree, Goblin Alchemist should stop his animation every once in awhile, or not play it at all.

V1.5 Information:

Completed:
- Shrine of Destruction's Summon Infernal replaced with Summon GREATER Infernal, a yellowish Infernal with 2500 hp, spell immun, 20 dmg immo with new graphics, and ~80 damage. This change is to balance the Mork summon with the Aesyr's Daughter of Cenarius.
- Fixed all naga AI bugs.
- Minus 20 custom objects (less load time)
- Removed unnecessary custom icons (hand of chaos, hero's bane, golden armor, open wounds, trance, and others which could just as well use normal icons)
- Optimized ALL skins for slightly lower size
- Map size 1.05 MB
- Removed Revenge Arrows for Ranger, replaced with Evasion Aura. 8%/12%/16%
- Armorer now has same model for both sides (Spirit Walker)
- Accessorizer now has same model for both sides (Troll witch doctor)
- Aesyr merchant = naga siren, Mork Merchant = Necromancer
- Both racial merchants have new items to sell:
- Added items for Mork: Ring of Fury (+3 dmg, 75g), Mageslayer's Plate (-20% spell dmg, +6 agi, +2 life regen, 1200g)
- Added items for Aesyr: Amulet of Vigor (+5 life regen, 900g), Dragonhide Armor (-35% piercing, +15 fire dmg, +4 armor, +50% mana regen, 1300g), Hand of Ragnaros (+5 all stats, Blaze Aura: 70 damage to nearby enemies every 10 seconds, 1400)
- Aesyr items are designated as such and are colored teal
- Morkefolk items are designated as such and are colored purple
- Sepulclarity no longer displays an icon when you have it on you, it only displays buff
- Trance no longer displays icon when you have it on you, it only displays buff
- Experience RATE for ALL HEROS increased by 60%. Level up much faster now.
- Added a new item to goblin shop, Goblin Scope, +3 int, 5 charges of reveal, 400g.
- Nefarious Soul had his proper ultimate assigned to him. Same name, but it increases his move speed by 70, mana regen by 50%, and makes him ethereal.

Working On:
- Meteor Ultimate for Astral Paragon. This will probably be the biggest spell in the game, with the highest damage. Bigger than both Sphere and Terra Flare.
- Some new low cost + stat items.
- Inspirit on Nefarious Soul will double as a DOT spell. On allies, it'll regen mana, on enemies, it'll cause life degeneration. It costs 135 mana though, but the damage will be big (-11 life regen at lvl3)
- Stances
- Weaker towers
- Perma invis armor with drawbacks
- 2 new heros (one deals in camo and invisible traps, the other in pure tanking)
- One entire new Unique item shop. Unsure of where to put it.
- New creeps in the caverns, must fight to get to Larzuk.

Level 2
First of all, two errors due to wc3sear.ch bugs. The map cover picture DOES work, only now it's indexed, and takes up 64 KB instead of 256 KB. Wc3sear.ch apparently can't read indexed .TGA's, so it displays as (?). The map size is 1.03 MB, not 4 KB, yet another site error. Seriously, darky28 has to come fix some things. : )

V1.5 is done. ALOT of good fixes that will make the map alot more pub-friendly. 2 new heros, and more.

V1.5 Patchlist:
- Two NEW heros. Wyrm Maiden and Gravel Titan
- Re-worked feedback art on Energy Scarabs so that it is displayed properly
- Map size is now 1.03 MB. Not 1.30, 1.03.
- Map loads faster.
- Fixed a glitch when using Vexorian's optimizer, caused some abilities to not work properly.
- Fixed Necra's Steed of Bast ability integer bug
- # of trigger dropped from 175 to 160 triggers
- Triune Badge tooltip error fixed
- Nerfed Mark of Time slightly
- Nerfed Sepulchral Warlock's Negation Aura and his Intelligence per level
- Fixed Sepulclarity so that it works even if someone else has the buff already
- Added more unique items to the 2nd unique item shop
- Fixed Radiance Bolt damage bug
- Made Hamedo a passive, no longer pauses the Nerevar.
- Power Deflection doesn't pause the hero anymore.
- Made all Hero Summons player-controlled. (Infernal and Daughter of Cenarius will remain computer controlled.)
- Nerfed the size of some trees.
- Nerfed Blashyrk Assassin over-all, less int, less damage, fixed Open Wounds.
- Nerfed Petrify
- Gave Astral Paragon Starfall as an ult for the time being. Meteor will be alot of work, but it'll look awesome.
- Cleaned up ALL special effect leaks.
- Increased global experience rate by 60%
- Enchanced hero NPC AI
- NPC kills give 200 gold instead of 100
- Naga NPC AI bugs fixed
- Daedric Witch NPC AI bugs fixed
- Poaching boots now gives the correct movement speed bonus.
- Removed Goblin Alchemist shop, his potions are now sold at right lane Goblin Shop
- New hidden unique item shop with 2 very powerful uniques.
- Lots of small misc. bugs / leaks patched up
- Fixed the FPS Camera turning itself on when you revive.
- Map runs smoother now, even with a full-house game.
- More ultimates deal damage to buildings now.
- Many more changes which I can't remember

This is a very pub friendly map now, so feel free to host.

Enjoy!

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Suggestions...

-In the beginning i didn't get the way the towers were placed.., i see the pattern now ;)
it's just that i'm used to that the towers r placed symmetrical, but this might just work, i just wanna find out if one of the types can b much more effective... for.ex. the valkyrs often stay behind shooting at the scourge towers, while the
rest of the forces move on, without a valuable backup... but, i kinda like it this way, and it would b a shame if u had to make any more big changes to the beautiful terrain ;)

Oh, and i see u haven't done anything with the corrupted well thing :) i played for 20 mins, and the CW had only 700 hp,
other well was 100%...

-Necra Ruia is my favourite hero for now :) VERY nice spells! but, i think u sould at least rework the fallen obelisk spell. Allthough i love it, i think it's imba... with the spell at lvl 1 and hero lvl 4 i destroyed a tower in one push, the tower was at full health... :/
And when u follow the mid road a bit beyond the tower, there's a small passage, where u can use the obelisk to block the enemy hero, n finish him off... :/

I don't have so much time to play anymore, but i'll test another hero time by time n post some suggestions now and then...
btw, there r some pics i would like to add and talk about, but i can't seem to figure out how u do it..,
someone plz help me! :S

Btw, is there anything u could do, like making a new link or whatever to make all these old posts go away?.. i hate w8ing
for the forum on this map :S

Well, that's all for now, cu soon...

Level 2
Ok, I've got a few suggestions...

First off, Astral Paragon's Astral Projections's spell, Astral Fire (or something) is still called Faerie Fire. I think it also has the same icon and description too.

Second, I think the games take a little TOO long. I like a long game, but there isn't much to do later on in the game. If you could add some stuff later in the game to do, that'd be cool.

Not sure if there is this, but I'd like to see how long I have to wait before my hero revives, when he dies.

Also, I don't think assigning the camera to Escape was a good idea. I like having the ability to toggle camera views, but I use escape for cancelling when I'm casting a spell or learning abilities or something. Maybe put it on Tab? Or something...

If the intent for the cave was that you have to fight through the creeps to get to Lazrus (or whatever his name was...L something, Paladin model, the Enchanter or something), then perhaps itd be better to make sure the Blue Dragonspawns block the path. I know the Hydras do, but I can walk around the Dragonspawns at night.

It might be a good idea, in the beginning, to make it possible to see what abilities each hero has and what their effects are before you choose (NO idea if this is at all possible.) I THINK (emphasis on think) I may have seen this in Kingdom Purge but I'm not sure.

Does anyone have Wind Walk (or something like it) :p ? I'm seriously obsessed with that move.

That's all I can think of. Although, I do have a question...How did you make the AI heroes actually do stuff?

EDIT: Another question...does it work if you set computers in the spaces for players? As in, will they actually do stuff?