• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Medieval Wall

A set of walls to make wc2 style walls meant to fit together like command and conquer walls.

Like the .gif or want a test map?
Medieval Wall Trigger Map

Keywords:
wall, barrier, warcraft, 2, command & conquer, red alert, tiberium, tiberian sun, defense
Previews
Contents

Medieval Wall - Corner - North East (Model)

Medieval Wall - Corner - North West (Model)

Medieval Wall - Corner - South East (Model)

Medieval Wall - Corner - South West (Model)

Medieval Wall - Cross Section (Model)

Medieval Wall - End - East (Model)

Medieval Wall - End - North (Model)

Medieval Wall - End - South (Model)

Medieval Wall - End - West (Model)

Medieval Wall - Straight - Horizontal (Model)

Medieval Wall - Straight - Vertical (Model)

Medieval Wall - T-Section - East (Model)

Medieval Wall - T-Section - North (Model)

Medieval Wall - T-Section - South (Model)

Medieval Wall - T-Section - West (Model)

Team Color Texture (Texture)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
A good custom set of medieval walls with various configurations. Works in-game. Approved!
Level 7
This model will be very useful for future zombie maps and others in which you will have to endure masses of enemies. 😮

Level 19
Where have I seen this before... OH RIGHT!
I am not trying to pull you down or anything, but I think we have way too many medieval walls already :p

You can just replace the unit. Would have used replace, if changing skin wasn't just better in most ways (Doesn't break selection, doesn't break continuous effect, only require you maintain one unit in the object editor, etc.).

... i can mod this to work with previus versions if the OP allow me to.

Feel free to.

Last edited:
Level 17
You can just replace the unit. Would have used replace, if changing skin wasn't just better in most ways (Doesn't break selection, doesn't break continuous effect, only require you maintain one unit in the object editor, etc.).

Feel free to.
Yeah, but there's another way that doesnt break the buffs, effects nor selection. I already made the one with the native func to replace, however im going to try another way.
what would be the version? tell me please

Attachments

• WALLS.w3x
    386.7 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Level 2
Simplemente puede reemplazar la unidad. Habría usado reemplazar, si el cambio de aspecto no fuera mejor en la mayoría de las formas (no interrumpe la selección, no interrumpe el efecto continuo, solo requiere que mantenga una unidad en el editor de objetos, etc.).

No dude en.
How would the system be in that aspect since some would use it for campaigns in previous versions

Level 17
How would the system be in that aspect since some would use it for campaigns in previous versions
it wouldn't work well with effects, also it would feel uncomfortable for people very special with some little bugs, for example you has the orc catapult with the fire effects, if the wall is attacked while being constructed, at the end of construction the effect will be removed. Where it could be more noticeable is for example you give the wall a carrying ability like the orcs burrows, when the code works your units inside the building will get lost. Also the wall could move to the next position in rare cases.

No trabajara bien con efectos, ademas se sentiría incomodo para gente que es muy especial con los pequeños bugs, por ejemplo la catapulta orca con su efecto de fuego, si el muro es atacado miestras está siendo construido, al final de la construcción el efecto será removido. Donde se notaría más sería por ejemplo si le das al muro una habilidad de cargar unidades como las madrigueras orcas, cuando el codigo corra, las unidades que están guarnecidas se perderán. Además el muro se movera a la posición de al lado en casos raros.

Lucky ive already made the code which doesnt need the "replace" native function. However i wont post it yet, id added a variant wall to the code also made my own wall models, ill post it as contribution only if the OP allows to do so, anyway i want to add some other buildings models to post it as a set.
1638640216942.png

Por suerte ya hice el codigo el cuál no necesita la función nativa "replace". Sin embargo no lo posteare aún, he agregado una nueva variante de muro al codigo e hice my propio modelo de muros, lo posteare como una contribución solo si el OP me lo permite, de cualquier forma quiero agregar algunos otros modelos de edificios para postearlo como un set.

1638636240211.png

This one works fine, doesnt use skin function nor replace function, i could share it with you. The problem is that i cant save it as a previus map versión, so i could share the code with you (if OP allows me to) also the model i completly modified to work this way and give you instructions.

Attachments

• 1638639811787.png
    1638639811787.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 85
Level 4
it wouldn't work well with effects, also it would feel uncomfortable for people very special with some little bugs, for example you has the orc catapult with the fire effects, if the wall is attacked while being constructed, at the end of construction the effect will be removed. Where it could be more noticeable is for example you give the wall a carrying ability like the orcs burrows, when the code works your units inside the building will get lost. Also the wall could move to the next position in rare cases.

Lucky ive already made the code which doesnt need the "replace" native function. However i wont post it yet, id added a variant wall to the code also made my own wall models, ill post it as contribution only if the OP allows to do so, anyway i want to add some other buildings models to post it as a set.

This one works fine, doesnt use skin function nor replace function, i could share it with you. The problem is that i cant save it as a previus map versión, so i could share the code with you (if OP allows me to) also the model i completly modified to work this way and give you instructions.
Hey, could you share with us that code which doesn't need the "replace" native function ? I play on 1.27b and I would love to use this wall system, it's much easier to use in-game than the one I created for my maps, which relies on individual buildings with different orientations.

Level 25
Really useful! The system is great. I was thinking about using elevator like walls, so units can move on top of the walls and not be attacked by melee units. Whenever a wall piece changes: is destroyed or a new one is added, the elevator walls must be updated or the elevators must be removed/added, so units can move further on the walls and no units can move up. It would require some wall pieces open in one direction where units could move on the wall or maybe some entries with portals.

Code Review:
I might found some leaks and performance issues in the code:

JASS:
set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true // no leaks
call GroupAddGroup(GetUnitsInRangeOfLocAll(sub_dist, loc), udg_temp_group)

set loc = Location(pos_x, pos_y)
call RemoveLocation(loc) // no leak

The dir parameter of WallDetectNeighbours could be an integer but I guess one small string is not important.

JASS:
// Early exits
    if IsUnitAliveBJ(GetTriggerUnit()) == false then
         set n = null
        set s = null
        set e = null
        set w = null

return
    endif
shouldn't this be u the passed parameter instead of GetTriggerUnit()?
This would improve the performance:

JASS:
 set count = CountUnitsInGroup(udg_temp_group)

// End piece
    if count == 1 then

For me a vJass version of the system would be welcomed as well but the current version is fine, too. If you know any good pathing/shortest path algorithms you might be able to achieve something where two pieces will be automatically connected by with wall pieces in between but that might be too complicated. You could release the system separately in the spells section for a better review. I think it is really useful for anyone who needs walls in Warcraft.

I would also appreciate some matching gates as someone wrote before me. You could allow gates by upgrading a wall piece or selling a unit.

NigerianPriest

NigerianPriest

me

Last edited: