• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Medieval Times

What Map Name do you like the most?

• Age Of castles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Age Of Expansion

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Medieval Conquest

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Medieval Times

I have started on a map thats going to be as realistic as possible.
I have no name for map yet & the map is Edited by Alex-Knights Medieval Age..
But In my map All the Units & upgrades & spells & buildings will be DELETED.
Almost all triggers will also be deleted & all skins , Icons , Models.

It may sound stupid...But somehow I want to fix this map.

Triggers
My trigger ideas are :
1) The first trigger Idea is that Every unit takes one food(food) and the gold will also be food..Wierd huh? But lets say I have 10 units = 10 food(food)
and then I have 100 food(gold) and then every 60 seconds 10 food will be removed because they need to eat :grin:.
There will be farms to produce Food(gold) every 60 seconds too so you have to keep up with the farms to have an huge army.
But if you would reach 0 food then units will starve to death & die...
1 unit per 5 sec will die until you have food to produce enough food to your kingdom.

Units
A new Battle System...There will be 4 kind of ''Unit Types''
1)Infartry...Will Contain The Pikeman , Swordsman , Axeman
warcraft0573.gif
Pikeman : Weakness:Melee Units ... What they are good against : Cavalry [Will use Spearthrower Model with no spears on''Uses a other model as spear'']
warcraft0328.gif
Swordsman: Weakness : Cavalry ... What are they good against : Pikemen & Archers at melee combat.[Will use HappyTaurens Footman Model]
warcraft0378.gif
Axeman: Weakness : Archers , Cavalry ...What are they good against:
Archers at melee combat , Infartry [Will use a crusader model made from an unknown Modeler [Will add nickname later on]]

2)Cavalry...Will contain The Light Cavalry , Mounted Archer , Heavy Cavalry
icons_4398_btn.jpg
Light Cavalry : Weakness : Pikemen ... What they are good against : Light Infartry & Archers at melee combat.(The Light Cavalry is faster than any unit)[Will use Cavmans Cavalier Model]
icons_2362_btn.jpg
Mounted Archer : Good against any unit with low to medium armor but very weak against pikemen & anything else in melee combat.[Will use the mounted archer model]
asdsad.gif
Cavalry: Weakness : Pikemen ...What they are good against : Any Infartry & Archer.[Regular Knight Model]

3)Ranged Units ( Archers ) Will contain The Short-Bow Archer , Crossbow archer and the Longbow archer.
Shortbow Archer : Weakness : Melee units & Cavalry ... What they are good against :Anything with low armor at range.
Crossbow : Weakness : Melee units & Cavalry ...What they are good against :
Heavy armor units.
Longbow Archer : Weakness : Melee Units & Cavalry ... What they are good against : From low to medium armor units..

The 4th will contain Extra Units like Siege weapons , sappers , Scouts etc.

Battle System
Every unit will have :
10 hp
1 dmg.
There will be triggers so for an example Heavy cavalry will hit more on archers etc..
So the weapon type & armor wont be having any major role in this map..
The battle system will.

Other Features
I thought of adding Happiness too...
The more soldiers you have the less happiness there will be...
The more food you give the more happiness...
The less taxes ... More happiness...
SO if happiness reaches 0 the people will make a rebellion against the player with 0 hapiness..

Lumber will become Gold/Resources so it will be a mix.
The map will be a 10 player map that will be avaible to play in B.NET.
I havent worked Very much on it but the Infartry and some triggers are finished..
Im going to Finish my Ideas and Maybe some of you could give me some ideas or cristisicm.

Requests
What I could need would be an Assassin Spearthrower unarmed.[X]Fixed By Rizz_boomer
Name for the Map Suggestions [ ]
More Suggestions! Thx to Dr Super Good for the new Ideas ''Will be added soon''[ /X]

Scrn shots & more Info Will come

Last edited:
Level 11
Will there be different civilizations? if so you might consider 1 unique unit for each civ.

Example:
China - Samurai - Heavy Infantry
French - Musketeer - Heavy Ranged
Italy - Crusader - Medium Infantry
Britain - Welsh Longbowman - Medium Ranged
Germany - Paladin - Heavy Cavalry
Aztec - Priest - Special
Arabia - Camel Rider - Light Cavalry
Viking - Raider - Heavy Infantry
Native "Native Indians" - Brave - Light Ranged

Level 11
Ah but Ninjas are more commonly known for japan and so thats why I put the samurai for china, of course I'm sure there are other famous things you cold put in there.

Also I think Medieval Times might be a better name than any of those , most of those names speak out for war not realism, or maybe The Medieval Age

Level 11
@Mechanical Man, well that's why I said "I'm sure there are other famous things you cold put in there."

@Firelord, I think plains would probably be better suited, especially when you consider that like 95% of countries could be reached by land. But you should also make it have plenty of characteristics mountains, hill, lakes, forests (Make them forests you can walk through not solid ones like in blizzard maps), rivers (as you said), maybe ravines and deserts

Status
Not open for further replies.