• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Medieval Style ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello Guys, i dont know how to start so i make it simple :)

I would like to make an ORPG.

I just started using World Editor few days ago and the tool is really nice, JASS seems like easy to learn and i already started trying it (im studying IT and know some c++ and c#).

The problem is im really weak at making terrains and still cant unleash even 50% potential of World Editor coz of my lack of expierience.

So im looking for someone who could help me with:

Save/Load system (which include gold items stats reputation and social status (i want that orpg happening in medievial like times where your soial status is important, so more reputation and higher status u got acces to better items, well made weapons)

Atributte based custom spells

Triggers and JASS

and mostly TERRAIN

More information priv :)

Have a nice days!

Level 12
Save/Load system (which include gold items stats reputation and social status (i want that orpg happening in medievial like times where your soial status is important, so more reputation and higher status u got acces to better items, well made weapons)

Codeless Save and Load (Multiplayer) - v3.0.1

Other helpful things for an rpg map:
Damage Engine 5.7.1.2

This is also includes a unit indexer so I won't link it invidually.

Triggers and JASS

JASS/AI Scripts Tutorials

and mostly TERRAIN

Terrain & Level Design

Level 11
I would go one step further and recommend using Typescript, which can be compiled to Lua, given your experience in OO languages.

This repo cipherxof/wc3-ts-template is a template for Typescript based map. It makes the code so much easier to maintain than Lua or JASS, plus you'll get experience in one of the most popular languages. It even includes something of a standard library for typescript, which includes utilities for saving and loading files.

Status
Not open for further replies.