• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Medieval Buildings: The complete collection.

After months of development.. and lots of palm sweat.. It's now done.

I recommend using a 45 degree camera system to match that of Age of Empires or something. It would make the models look better. And, it would make WC3 look better. (The grid in WC3 faces the camera. In AoE, it faces a 45 degree angle.)

This pack contains 22 models. 20 of them are buildings. I'll explain the other two in a minute.

CONTENTS:
Academy
Arcane Sanctum
Archery
Armory
Barracks
Castle
Church
Encampment
Guard Tower
House
Lumber Mill
Market
Mines
Plantation
Stables
Tavern
Town Center
Watch Tower
Wizard Tower
Workshop

EXTRAS:
Birth
DecayMesh

YOU MUST IMPORT THE BIRTH.MDX FILE AND THE DECAYMESH.MDX FILE IN ORDER FOR THE MODELS TO WORK PROPERLY. DO NOT CHANGE THE PATH.

I made the birth and decay anims separate models to save filespace. It was either 1700kb or 4000kb...so yeah..

ENJOY!

Also, please report any problems to me!

Keywords:
building, medieval, castle, town
Reviews
19:43, 31st Jan 2010 General Frank: Awesome pack. Approved.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
It is just awesome, maybe I'm going to use them all. You'll have proper and nice credit in the map. Thanks for bringing in those kind of models, very useful for all medieval fan ;-)

+rep.

Level 12
Thank god for this pack, It saved me about 2 hours of looking through the Human Buildings section to find a custom model for each building

Level 2
I would really like too see a ground skin :/. Like some stones so the ground is perfect with the building :O.

Level 18
It would be nice to have another tower, a medieval shipyard and another barracks. It would really increase choice for medieval map makers.

Level 31
in order to work models need mdl files. fortunatly i could find an mdx to mdl convertor. though it would be easier if the models came with both files.

no lol. You only need to import the mdx for it to work ingame. How do you think everyone else got it to work? It's the way every single model on the Hive works. Just import the mdx. and make sure that your frozen throne game is up to date.

Level 21
wrong, the editor keeps mdx files as mdx. i first tried to import the files as mdx only. however that made the building appear modelless inside the game becouse the mdl files were missing. however after i converted the files from mdx to mdl then imported the mdl files the models worked perfectly. i tested this thing myself.

Level 31
wrong, the editor keeps mdx files as mdx. i first tried to import the files as mdx only. however that made the building appear modelless inside the game becouse the mdl files were missing. however after i converted the files from mdx to mdl then imported the mdl files the models worked perfectly. i tested this thing myself.

While you can infact import mdl files, they are buggy by themselves being textbased. Also, their filesize is enormous. Mdx is standalone. There are is no need for mdl because the editor recognizes is and converts it.

Please, do not tell me I'm wrong. I've tested it countless times. As I have every other model I've ever downloaded. So have thousands of other people here. How did it work for them? Either your doing it wrong, or you have some freak version of the World editor. I suggest you reread the tutorial on importing of models.

I wouldn't use any of these for anything interesting. Probably would work best if they were for massing maps that have low-poly units. Could be useful for a footmen frenzy mod or something like that. A lot of them are just not detailed enough (as in: aniimations, proportions, etc.) to be used for anything up close. Still they are fairly decent. Good work.
I request a high-quality pack with full animations, and more detail! :D
+Rep and 4/5

Level 31
I wouldn't use any of these for anything interesting. Probably would work best if they were for massing maps that have low-poly units. Could be useful for a footmen frenzy mod or something like that. A lot of them are just not detailed enough (as in: aniimations, proportions, etc.) to be used for anything up close. Still they are fairly decent. Good work.
I request a high-quality pack with full animations, and more detail! :D
+Rep and 4/5

22 separate models is quite a bit. Believe me, the anims are quite intricate for some. Others, just don't need any. Detail shouldn't be an issue. As far as I can see, the meshes are perfect. Detail in the anims are as much as necessary. The armory for instance was extremely hard to animate. So was the lumbermill, and many others. The UVW is honestly as professional as it can get considering what textures I'm using.

Keep in mind that the point is to make lots of models with a very low total filesize. It's extremely hard to make 22 under 1500kb.

22 separate models is quite a bit. Believe me, the anims are quite intricate for some. Others, just don't need any. Detail shouldn't be an issue. As far as I can see, the meshes are perfect. Detail in the anims are as much as necessary. The armory for instance was extremely hard to animate. So was the lumbermill, and many others. The UVW is honestly as professional as it can get considering what textures I'm using.

Keep in mind that the point is to make lots of models with a very low total filesize. It's extremely hard to make 22 under 1500kb.

And that is what I noted. Second sentence indicates that. I was not aiming to belittle your work, keep that in mind. The comment was of praise with some slight constructive criticism. =]

Level 7
true

Ok guys, bad news. I probably won't be finishing the wall for a while..

I've just been introduced to the wonderful world of UDK. (Hallelujah! :D ... for me anyway...)

So, for the past few days (or the little time in them that I have) and for many days to come, I'll be a bit preoccupied.. D;

I must say though...UDK is simply amazing. Screw the world editor. And, screw the sc2 editor.

/me goes off to UDK land...

IT RULEzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.