• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MDX Preview for Android?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
As far as I can tell the 3D viewer is working on mobile browsers, but my phone is too slow to do any real tests.
The UI will probably be messed up though (especially since it doesn't handle touch events).
what 3D viewer? my galaxy s3 should be able to handle any program i run. im talking about being able to view models i have downloaded to my device. and yeah the UI is a problem for... touch phones

EDIT:
I'm using google chrome for android, the 'View in 3D' button doesn't appear on my phone when i view models, guess it's for windows only.

EDIT 2:
I even tried requesting desktop site but still nothing, how come you can view the button and run the viewer??

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I think there is a browser restriction on the appearance of the button. It will not show up on IE10 and earlier but will show up on 11. Various browsers like Chrome and Fire Fox may need to enable WebGL for it to show, which is not supported by very old versions.

Anyway you can try here to check if it works. Well as long as the model is not removed before then.

Level 29
The button will show if the browser supports the viewer (= can create a WebGL context, and support enough Typed Array features).

JavaScript:
function checkCompliance() {
  var canvas = document.createElement("canvas");
  var gl;
  var names = ["webgl", "experimental-webgl", "webkit-3d", "moz-webgl"];

for (var i = 0, l = names.length; i < l; ++i) {
    try {
      gl = canvas.getContext(names[i]);
    } catch(e) {}

if (gl) {
      break;
    }
  }

if (!gl) {
    return false;
  }

if (!window.Int8Array || !window.Uint8Array || !window.Uint16Array || !window.Uint32Array || !window.Float32Array) {
    return false;
  }

return true;
}

Truth be told, the typed array checks can probably be removed, they were for the time that Firefox didn't support DataView so I had to emulate it...but yeah, if you can't create a WebGL context, the button wont show up.

If you can actually load the viewer (e.g. via the link above) but the button doesn't show up, do tell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.