• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Maze

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: XPQJ
HWS=L0ck

It's a maze, I need feedback and evil or nice comments on it.
A maze is a map where you must escape each level in order to obtain victory.

It is unique in a way of all different mazes, if you figure out how to cheat please try to play the map properly and not glitchy.

Make sure to set your camera movement with keyboard and mouse a bit slower so you can actually play(because the movement system for this maze uses your camera), how to play is described in quests and won't be described here.

It is single player only, for it can't be multiplayer yet because I currently don't know how to make it so.

Only one level completed but I will make two more levels soon.

A note to people who want inside my map;

It is corrupted to reduce size only so if you want a copy just ask, don't try to un-corrupt it because its all buggy and triggers all messed up then.

Keywords:
Unique
Contents

Maze (Map)

Reviews
21:53, 1st Mar 2011 Cweener: Rejected (until updated)

M

21:53, 1st Mar 2011
Cweener: Rejected (until updated)

Level 10
cool system, so funny looking when scroll speed is all the way up xD, and using the mouse doesnt turn the angle of the dude but using the keyboard does ;o, I dont know of a way to add it to that but it would be cool if he turned for both xP, I guess this is considered playable but try to develop the map more before releasing it.

you might want to look into BB codes to help make your description look better. It doesn't really matter if it is too full of words people don't read anyway; screenshots or videos make people play, both should be put in Hidden Tags.

As your thinking about creating more levels, I think that is important that the proper mood is set in each level by using doodads, terrain effects and such. I would also like to see more then just straight mazing because this is a topic done before, it would be interesting to see some sort of shops, powerups, level selection screen, save/load, bosses, weather that effects movement, special tiles, those types of things.

If you are going to keep the same tileset you might want to import a higher quality version so it looks better x)
22763_2t.jpg

11-th of the 18-packs for WarCraft III. All done at a high level. Taylsety perfectly complement each other. So much weight is associated with the resolution of textures (1024h512).
Ways to replace the standard textures:
TerrainArt \ LordaeronSummer \ Lords_Dirt.blp
TerrainArt \ LordaeronSummer \ Lords_DirtGrass.blp
TerrainArt \ LordaeronSummer \ Lords_DirtRough.blp
TerrainArt \ LordaeronSummer \ Lords_Grass.blp
TerrainArt \ LordaeronSummer \ Lords_Rock.blp
TerrainArt \ LordaeronSummer \ Lords_GrassDark.blp
In the graphics settings in WarCraft'e set all parameters to "high" as WarCraft incorrectly displays highly detailed textures

The project is supported by the Community of the Holy Mechanics

Download
Pack from StMechanus@http://xgm.ru, I translated the instructions xD

An idea for a special tile could be ice which would require sliding
Sliding System

Having levels where there was no impaired pathing but a unit the goes around casting spells with trippy dodge-able effects would be cool, this spell pack has many abilities that are dodge-able or can be configured to be dodge-able, and would serve good when configured into the map, I think xD
Boss Effects Pack

Well those are pretty much all I can suggest for now, if I think of something I'll let you know ;p.

[1/5] Under Developed
Keeping working on it though ;)

Last edited:
Level 2
cool system, so funny looking when scroll speed is all the way up xD, and using the mouse doesnt turn the angle of the dude but using the keyboard does ;o, I dont know of a way to add it to that but it would be cool if he turned for both xP, I guess this is considered playable but try to develop the map more before releasing it.

you might want to look into BB codes to help make your description look better. It doesn't really matter if it is too full of words people don't read anyway; screenshots or videos make people play, both should be put in Hidden Tags.

As your thinking about creating more levels, I think that is important that the proper mood is set in each level by using doodads, terrain effects and such. I would also like to see more then just straight mazing because this is a topic done before, it would be interesting to see some sort of shops, powerups, level selection screen, save/load, bosses, weather that effects movement, special tiles, those types of things.

If you are going to keep the same tileset you might want to import a higher quality version so it looks better x)
22763_2t.jpg

11-th of the 18-packs for WarCraft III. All done at a high level. Taylsety perfectly complement each other. So much weight is associated with the resolution of textures (1024h512).
Ways to replace the standard textures:
TerrainArt \ LordaeronSummer \ Lords_Dirt.blp
TerrainArt \ LordaeronSummer \ Lords_DirtGrass.blp
TerrainArt \ LordaeronSummer \ Lords_DirtRough.blp
TerrainArt \ LordaeronSummer \ Lords_Grass.blp
TerrainArt \ LordaeronSummer \ Lords_Rock.blp
TerrainArt \ LordaeronSummer \ Lords_GrassDark.blp
In the graphics settings in WarCraft'e set all parameters to "high" as WarCraft incorrectly displays highly detailed textures

The project is supported by the Community of the Holy Mechanics

Download
Pack from StMechanus@http://xgm.ru, I translated the instructions xD

An idea for a special tile could be ice which would require sliding
Sliding System

Having levels where there was no impaired pathing but a unit the goes around casting spells with trippy dodge-able effects would be cool, this spell pack has many abilities that are dodge-able or can be configured to be dodge-able, and would serve good when configured into the map, I think xD
Boss Effects Pack

Well those are pretty much all I can suggest for now, if I think of something I'll let you know ;p.

[1/5] Under Developed
Keeping working on it though ;)

Thank you for commenting, terrain will be made in a few versions just not yet, same for bosses and I am working on random weather effects.

Thanks again for playing the map.

"Sorry but you gotta tell us how to play here not only ingame...
Map uncompletes can be posted on Map Development"

No, I don't have to tell you guys how to play here and it is nearly complete in a way, as well it explains how to play in game and halfly on here.

Exports
Content exported from games may be accepted if it has been significantly modified.

Credit
In order to upload a resource, you must have some part in the creation of the resource. All other authors and sources must be properly cited.

Permission
You must have permission to use any source contained in your resource.

Originality
Resources should be unique. Largely similar resources, such as icons or skins that are hue-adjusted version of each other, simple reskins that don't change the shape of the model, or maps that are effectively clones of each other, such as most LOAP and Footman Wars maps, may be rejected.

Functionality
All submissions must have a minimal amount of errors. If it does not function properly in-game it will not be accepted.

Completion
Resources must be completed. For works in progress, post in the relevant forum, or the Pastebin.

Dependencies
A list of all software or other data that is required by a resource must be provided. It should be included in the resource when applicable.

Original Work
Maps must be significantly worked on, or entirely created, by their submitter.

Gameplay
Maps must be fairly fun and decently balanced.

Presentation
Maps must have adequate spelling and grammar. Maps must contain a valid author and map name. Maps must contain a proper description of what the map is about.

I am also very busy so I might not be able to update the map to a better stage then it is for a few days, please do not mind this for I haven't gave up on my map and am still working just can't spend much time as I would love too on it.

Level 10
To be completely honest, I have no idea what this is about in the map description:

It is corrupted to reduce size only so if you want a copy just ask, don't try to un-corrupt it because its all buggy and triggers all messed up then.

The is 17 KB. It is extremely small and there is no need to protect this map only to reduce the filesize.

And also, maps can be rejected because of the description. This map's description has no BB codes. While this may not be a direct requirement from the rules, it will still decrease your chance of the map being approved. Not having BB codes in your map's description makes it look bad here.

Level 10
Slayer14 said:
This map's description has no BB codes. While this may not be a direct requirement from the rules, it will still decrease your chance of the map being approved. Not having BB codes in your map's description makes it look bad here.

Please don't restate what has been said.

XPQJ said:

Level 2
Either you should read a bit longer/better or you don't know what a maze map is.
It is corruption and it also improves game speed.
If that's true then whats the use of people even trying to submit their work here?
You don't need to write a book to tell people what your map is and 1/3 people read the description and usually just skim it anyways so why not make it short?

This message was a reply to Slayer14 but someone posted before I could reply.

Level 10
Either you should read a bit longer/better or you don't know what a maze map is.
It is corruption and it also improves game speed.
If that's true then whats the use of people even trying to submit their work here?
You don't need to write a book to tell people what your map is and 1/3 people read the description and usually just skim it anyways so why not make it short?

This message was a reply to Slayer14 but someone posted before I could reply.

If it's "corruption" that your map has, then technically your map would be completely unplayable.

What I said was very true, most moderators actually reject maps because of their poor description. There is no need to get mad at me, I didn't decide this. I'm just telling you how it is.

And most people don't skim through the description anyway, only someone who doesn't matter at all what the map is would skim through the description. I used to do that and I'd just get about 30 different maps and I'd only find about 4 of them that I liked.