• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Maxium walkable units?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey,
I want to know what the maxium number of units are that can walk in a map without the units being 'lagging'. With lagging I mean the stopping of walking every x seconds. You see that always in maps like Wintermaul. I'm making a map were you are overrun by zombies so I want to have the maxium number of units as possible walk in the map.
So does anyone know?

Level 2
OK thanks, Child of Bodom seemed to gave the right answer.

{EDIT}
And it really works. One unit to much and they all begin to lagg :p.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
If you have good PC,then laggs will start late(after 250~300 units beign walked) but if you have wooden or ''just'' pc then 1~250.Also its matter about the unit too - if he is Peon or smth like that then easy 250~ units will walk without lags. If you use war3 optimizer you can choose even more units,coz that programm is like delay reducer but in map already.

Level 13
I tested it and when I hit 256 units started to move weirdly.

in vampirism maps you have 500 units moving in the same time (harvesting and moving) + 200 buildings and there is no lags at all......

well 256 unit could make lags if they are in the same place (if you see them all visible on the screen)

warcraft is "forgetting" units that you are not looking at

if you make unit VERY big unit you will see that his model file will be "removed" when you don´t see his position

Level 12
That's not wc3 lag, it's GFX lag. Also, units never lag on me, I've tested with a periodic 0.01 loop creating 1 unit every time, and it lagged after 1-2 minutes only (main pc).

EDIT: Stopping of walking is caused by collision size, nothing else, set it to 8 or 12 and they'll move much nicer.

Level 2
That's not wc3 lag, it's GFX lag. Also, units never lag on me, I've tested with a periodic 0.01 loop creating 1 unit every time, and it lagged after 1-2 minutes only (main pc).

EDIT: Stopping of walking is caused by collision size, nothing else, set it to 8 or 12 and they'll move much nicer.

Collision size? If one unit starts walking solo, he stops time to time if the're are to much units in the map. Are you sure that has to do with collision size?

Status
Not open for further replies.