• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Whats the max size you can make a map and still be able to play it on the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have a bunch of custom maps but when I try to host it online it says the map file is too big. I know this is due to all the custom models so what is the maxium capacity of a map.

Reactions: Rui
Level 4
The maximum size is 4mb. It may actually be 3.999999mb, I don't know, but the commonly held belief is that it's 4mb.

Level 4
I wonder if anyone has just went adding kilobyte by kilobyte to a map, saving multiple different size versions. It would be useful to finally know, without a doubt, what the max size is. Anyways, it's around 4-4.1mb.

Level 3
I believe Campaigns have their maximum size much bigger. I once heard from somewhere that it's about 150Mb ( somwhere in the 400mb campaign topic I think )

EPW

EPW

Level 4
From what I know, the max is 5 MBs from the knowledge of model gods of THW and tested by me. And just an FYI, yes, it used to be 4,090 MBs, it was changed.

Edit: Online only.

Status
Not open for further replies.