• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Maximum range?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Okay, I have been plagued by this ever since I started using editor. My problem is is that whenever I set a unit's attack range to something, say, 1000, it sets to 700-800 in game. I have no clue as of now how to fix it. I know it is simple to do, probably because a lot of games I seen dont have my problem.

I know it's a really dumb question, but please take a little time to answer... I checked in gameplay constants, and I couldn't find anything, but maybe I missed it....
+rep for any help at all.

Level 5
I have actually not thought about this earlier. But after testing a little with a rifleman, I found out that you need to change it's "Acquisition Range" as well as it's attack range, because apparently the attack range cannot be higher than the unit's acquisition range. So if the attack range is set to 1000, but the acquisition range is set to 700, the attack range will be 700.

Level 7
I have actually not thought about this earlier. But after testing a little with a rifleman, I found out that you need to change it's "Acquisition Range" as well as it's attack range, because apparently the attack range cannot be higher than the unit's acquisition range. So if the attack range is set to 1000, but the acquisition range is set to 700, the attack range will be 700.

Yes this is true because Acquisition Range is the attack sound so Blizzard fix the problem that if ur range is more then ur acquistion ange then it will set to ur acquistion range.

Level 5
You can change the Acquisition Range in Game Constants,set it to maximum...

Why change in game constants? Acquisition Range can be changed individually for every unit, at the top of the "Combat"-section in the Unit Editor. Or do you mean that you can change the default Acquisition Range for all units i gameplay constants, or something?

Level 5
I see, in that case it would be a good idea. But I think what he meant is that he just wants to increase the range of the units over their default value, and because the values couldn't be increased any further he thought he had reached the maximum value for range, and so he wanted to know how to increase that maximum value. But in fact he just had to increase the acquisition range, so there is no need to increase maximum range.

Acquisition Range is the range that takes to notice an enemy unit and engage it.

Acquisition Range is located in the first line of "Combat" fields of every unit in Unit Editor.

But if you want to give a unit's attack range to be longer than Acquisition Range, you must make an upgrade based on Long Rifles, set the desired range, give this upgrade to to the desired unit, and make a trigger that makes this upgrade be researched at game start to every players.

Status
Not open for further replies.