• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

max lvl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Whats the higheset lvl player u ever seen? Im currently almost 42 with my crusader and I wonder how far can I go when lvling on ogres lol

Level 10
fifek dude, have u thought about reset in v1.2 ? :D R u sure its not gonna be pointless ?

Zwielb has stated multiple times that it will be highly unlikely of a code reset in v1.2. The only reason why he would choose to do so in v1.2 is if the code got longer (essentially the more items he adds in the game the longer the code must be in order to ensure everything gets saved) or if there was some MAJOR bug that he found in coding or game play that he deemed necessary to fix. It is my understanding that he has roughly around 100 available spaces left before the code will in fact need to be created longer thus resulting in a code wipe.

Having said that though, based on previous releases of Gaias, there has typically been a code wipe on almost every single release version of Gaias I have seen all the way through Beta so I wouldn't necessarily get too attached to your characters. I for one always welcome the code wipes. It places everyone on an equal battlefield, and we get the awesome experience of running low level dungeons again when they are at a difficulty that is meant for us.

Having said that though, based on previous releases of Gaias, there has typically been a code wipe on almost every single release version of Gaias I have seen all the way through Beta so I wouldn't necessarily get too attached to your characters. I for one always welcome the code wipes. It places everyone on an equal battlefield, and we get the awesome experience of running low level dungeons again when they are at a difficulty that is meant for us.
Well, the code wipes in earlier versions of Gaias were usually because of bugs in the Save/Load system. But since 1.1, all the bugs should be gone and I don't see why a wipe would be necessary now.
But remember that there was an unprotected version of Gaias released a year ago by me ... so basicly a reason for another code wipe would be to erase all the chars that have been cheated since then. I'm not done thinking about it.

Here are the facts, for those people interested - the current save length has:
- 26 unused quest slots (this is actually a lot ... don't know what I was thinking when setting the number so high, lol)
- 3 unused base class and 4 unused advanced class ability slots per character
- around 110 unused item slots, but it also kind of depends on the class as I used a certain method to 'compress' the data more which I won't point out at this place ... but no need to worry; the max item limit should be reached much earlier than the compression limit

From these numbers, its pretty unlikely that there will be a code wipe - but it depends on wether I feel that there are too many cheated characters out there.

Level 5
But remember that there was an unprotected version of Gaias released a year ago by me ... so basicly a reason for another code wipe would be to erase all the chars that have been cheated since then. I'm not done thinking about it.

You could create a topic to let players vote if they think its better/necessary to have or don't have a code wipe.

Level 1
I'm negative towards a code wipe. Although I agree in a way that it is good for a fresh start again. But people who wants to start over can simply do so.
People who cheat their characters usually gets bored within a few days and then stop playing.

I won't be furious if you decide to do a code wipe, I will respect your decision, it's just having to think of the hours spent will be in vain. And really, starting over fresh will be really boring, since all I'm looking forward to is the new content... I've done the rest hundreds of times already, and having to play through all of it again (if you want to have multiple chars aswell) will not be as fun.

Level 4
uhhh, it would suck really hard to have a code wipe after my hours grinding lol :S

and i agree about cheaters - they get everything so fast that it gets boring and theres no reason to play further after u reach limits. code wipe would deal with what? maybe 10 cheaters (who dont probably play anymore) but there are ton more regular players out there. i just dont wanna start all over since the new content is for high lvls, not low lvls

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Ye Fifek is right, code wipe would be destroying for people who spend alot of time levelling and doing D3.

About the low level dungeons, i think throwing in a high level boss in D1, which could be summoned only with an item that high levels had access to. That would give at least D1 a purpose for high levels and it would only require like a small redesign of the dungeon itself, like a small secret room or something.
Its a classic in Baldurs Gate where you go to the Iron Throne headquarters, kill all the bosses there, then later come back to the same place and there is another invisible guy hiding. So ye i like places to have a purpose both at low and high lvl. ^^

Level 2
Ye Fifek is right, code wipe would be destroying for people who spend alot of time levelling and doing D3.

I don't think discussing this will do any good, but I can't help replying because I think you make this sound like an indisputable fact with your statement even though it is just an opinion.

I've got all classes in this game, full/near full D3 gear on pretty much all of them and every spell scroll etc. I still don't think a code wipe would be destroying anything. That is my opinion anyway.

Level 10
I think it's kind of funny actually. . .lol as much as I love playing Gaias (which I do I have a character of every class over level 30 all well geared and every spell unlocked) I just feel sorry for people who play it to the extents they do. (the people who grind off ogres to level 50 with like 1xp a kill). What's the point? The games not complete you are just over leveling for no reason. Yeah new content will be released eventually and you want to be prepared, but there will be zones for that. . .you are spending weeks grinding when I will become 50 within a few hours when the actual version is released. Not to mention new content won't even be fun for you because it will be meant for lower level players and you will be maxed out already. You won't even be able to experience the new content how it was intended to be played. So what reward is out of it? Bragging rights that you were one of the first 50's? To make D3 easier? If you have all the gear you need in D3 then you really have no reason to run it anymore and honestly in the long run no one is going to care or even will be able to tell that you were one of the first level 50's since there will be so many once new content is released.

When I want to play Gaias I make a new character and I level it to the best I can with current content. I've remade so many characters by this point I must have like 6 bersekers/crusaders fully geared. That's how the game was meant to be played, not pointless over-grinding. I have no loyalty to my characters because I realize that this is not a completed game and understand that there may be code wipes at any time as a result of the game getting bigger, to fix bugs, exploits, or to simply add more items to the game(as unlikely as that may seem anytime soon based on the information Zwielb just shared with us). Not to mention I actually want some challenge for my new content.

Last edited:
Level 4
u may feel sorry for such people but thats just ur point of view. u may have a good team, good timing, well teamplay while others may not. i dont have regular team, when i run d3, i dont even have dps with me, mostly just bishop. ur numbers are wrong, its not 1xp, its 6/7 xp per kill, it doesnt take weeks, it takes 3~ hours for each lvl. whats the point? to carry on with what u have. weeks grinding? u dont even know what youre talking about. is anyone bragging in this thread? you are seriously taking arguments outta nowhere.

yeah im so happy u've got so many chars of that quality/lvl, big up for u :)

Level 10
Well I apologize if it seemed like I was arguing I was just rationalizing why it seemed illogical tome to grind like that. the comment I made about farming off ogres for like 1xp a kill and taking weeks was a figure of speech. It wasn't intended to be taken very literal. It was to show a point that it takes more effort than I felt necessary and wasn't intended by the creator of the game (which in a sense is kind of a exploit, but honestly I don't care if someone has the patience to do that all the power to them) You were only meant to gain experience from mobs within four levels of your range.

To clarify I don't mind that people grind, and if it makes their characters super good and over leveled as a result that's awesome, but what I tried to state earlier is the fact that the map is incomplete and by 'grinding' to a level past the games intentions just seemed pointless to me. Perhaps if the map was finished I could see the logic in it, but you realize your heroes will be so over leveled when new content comes out that it won't even seem fun for you? Well at least it wouldn't for me. I like a challenge when I play the game, but I suppose everyone is different in that regard. Also I anticipated another code wipe so I wouldn't even attempt grinding like that. Whether or not it happens I wouldn't rule it out. Just keep that in consideration. With new content released you will be able to get to the same level you can currently grinding much faster if you just wait for new content.

Level 4
28lth85.png

finally :S

Level 1
If there was a vote, I would vote for a character wipe even tho I have several high level characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.