• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Massive bug!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
There is a giant bug in my map!

I have test-played my map a couple of times now. Three times in a row and all of a sudden, the earthquake-ability-animation appears on almost every ability in the game! It appaers on every caster, when he casts a spell, even though the earthquake-animation is not added to the spell!

What can I do to get rid of this?

Level 10
As Reaper2008 suggested, if all else fails. Sounds improbable that it should happen just like that. Only triggers should be able cause such a bug. Just to be sure, try disabling ALL your triggers. If it stops happening after that, you can slowly try each trigger to see which does it. Problem sounds unlikely though.

Otherwise. Try exporting/importing all object data and triggers into a new map and see if it changes. It might "just" be a spooky, unexplainable phenomenon attach to the map. Maybe extraterrestrials planted that bug in ur map. But seriously, I think I would try everything in my grasp if I were you, or start over.

Level 10
People at Hiveworkshop, I have found the bug!

• Bombfire
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Value
    • Actions
      • Wait 1.50 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 Earthquake for Neutral Hostile at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
A spell was supposed to create earthquakes, but I scrapped that idea and deleted the spell, but this trigger remained! That means, when any spell is casted an earthquake-unit is created!

Thanks for your advises and I hope someone can learn something from this!

Status
Not open for further replies.