• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Massacre of Hearthglen

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
「Massacre of Hearthglen」

By Krutus

Gameplay
[tr]
The Horde is only a shadow of its former power. The Alliance, declaring the victory over the Orcish Horde total by destroying the Dark Portal, Humans of Lordaeron, Gilneas and Alterac started to enslave hundreds of their Orcish, Troll and Ogre prisoners just for their entertainment. Humans, Elves and Dwarves are enjoying peace they fought for, but they will not enjoy it for long...

Deep inside Lordaeron, a small group of Orcs of Grimfist Clan, one of the last Orcish Clans still fighting the vile Alliance, decided to avenge the defeat of the Horde at Blackrock Mountain. Under command of their chieftain, Throllgard Grimfist, seek the only goal: destruction of human town of Hearthglen..

Screenshots
[tr]

Credits
[tr]
Thanks to Blizzard Entertainment for making Warcraft III and all other great strategies :)

Changelog
[tr]
Version 1.0
- Map Uploaded on Hiveworkshop.com

V 1.1
- Fixed animation of Forest Troll attack
- Changed hero's icon
- Repaired some triggers

V 1.2
- Added Final Cinematic
Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
Warcraft, Horde, Alliance, Hearthglen, Hero, Trolls, Dwarf, Human, Orcs, Peon, Grunt, Chieftain, Grimfist
Contents

Massacre of Hearthglen (Map)

Reviews
09:02, 21st Dec 2014 StoPCampinGn00b: See my review.
Level 25
Your forest trolls (armed with axes) throws spears, you should probably fix that.
Your hero Throllgard Grimfist uses the skin of Blackhand as an icon..
You shouldn't play music as a sound effect.
If I can build an altar of storms, why am I defeated when my hero dies?

The dialogues of the heroes are good, the human player uses ai and there are functioning quests and ok terrain. Looks like a good starting map but fix the rest :)

Level 32
There aren't any bugs I've found, but the gameplay is short, generic, and repetitive. Starting the game, you wait a lengthy time building structures up and training troops before doing anything. Some campaign missions are like this, but since your in a corner you need to mass up as many grunts as you can. I've got enough grunts to fill up 48 food, and my army gets slaughtered as the chokepoint is so small for around 5 grunts to fighting around 9 footman on the frontline as well as a few towers and riflemen. The way to beat this? Keep retraining grunts, you'll defeat them in time. The problem with this is that there simply isn't any strategy than just having as grunts die for a couple of hits on the enemies. It's like that in the entirety of the map.

Your story and dialogue was fair. The pauses for every bit of dialogue in this map isn't very common, but I guess it isn't unacceptable to tell a story that way.

The terrain tile usage was okay. But spammed rock chunks and spammed houses don't really pass for the map being decorative.

I've chosen to reject this map. It could be borderline acceptable for a campaign mission, but as a map itself it's lacking in quality.

EDIT: See this, http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...w-add-screenshot-your-map-description-241054/