• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Marketplace and Limited Stock Items

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the Marketplace work exactly? I know that it cycles items every now and then, and when you buy the item, it disappears.

I'm planning on making an RPG that has a shop that randomly stocks items, as I don't want players just having several copies of an item and making themselves powerful. A shop system which makes the items limited, such as potions and equipment.

Any insight or link towards existing tutorials about this would be appreciated! I tried searching online but it's not as in-depth as I'd like it to be.

Level 18
Your custom Marketplace needs the following abilities: Select Hero, Sell Items, and Shop Purchase Item. In addition, all items are added to shop via triggers. Also, the owner of your custom Marketplace has to be a Neutral Player for the limiting of items to take place.

When adding items via triggers, item positions might need to be considered. Check out the object editor for that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.