• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mar Sara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
I heard the the Terran dominion shows interest in the planet of Mar Sara, even tough it was infested by the Zerg and bombed to shit by the Protoss in the beginning of SC1. Anyone knows why the hell the Dominion wants to go there again? I mean there wasn't anything there besides a few grain fields and useless colonists >.>

Btw, did you know that the new layout of Mar Sara is from the SC book called "Speed of Darkness"?

Level 35
Well, I don't remember that part of the storyline. In the book, Speed of Darkness, it was the first place where they activated the Psi-emitters, but I think it was Antiga Prime in the real story. But leaving there anything and going back for it is hardly possible, since the planet was reduced to dust by the Protoss and Arcturus has enough Psi emitters already >.>

Level 35
No, there are still Terrans down there.They came after bombardment.

Yes, I know. But why did they go there? That's the question. Btw, the Dominion never really gave a crap about individual lives. Mengsk even used Stalin's famous quote "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." in Liberty's Crusade.

The book Speed of Darkness was pretty good, I liked 3 of them (Xel'Naga Legacy, Speed of Darkness, and Liberty).

Far as I'm concerned, Liberty's Crusade was the best, even tough it was telling 90% of the original storyline.

Level 25
Well, I don't remember that part of the storyline. In the book, Speed of Darkness, it was the first place where they activated the Psi-emitters, but I think it was Antiga Prime in the real story. But leaving there anything and going back for it is hardly possible, since the planet was reduced to dust by the Protoss and Arcturus has enough Psi emitters already >.>

Let's do a starcraft wiki on it! :wink:
Here's what it says:

THE RETURN
After Mar Sara's incineration by the protoss, the Sara system seemed to have little left to offer the terran race. The subsequent collapse of the Confederacy left the system entirely abandoned. Nevertheless, prospectors from the Kel-Morian Combine found that minerals on Mar Sara had acquired unique properties due to the protoss bombardment. Shortly thereafter, the Kel-Morian Combine staked a claim to mining and salvage rights over the Sara system. Independent and indentured contractors soon began strip-mining both planets of their resources.[2] Due to the influx of miners with too much spare time on their hands, numerous shanty towns have sprung up with little enforcement of law.

There were also been reports of zerg sightings on the planet. It is believed that these organisms reinfested the desolate world some time after the protoss bombardment.

The Terran Dominion also showed a renewed interest in the Sara system and established several outposts there. According to the Kel-Morian Combine, these outposts were established at the Combine's invitation due to security issues with piracy and mining camp revolts. The Dominion restricted access to these sites, sometimes turning them into dead spots and putting information on them under level Black censoring.The Dominion began digging up alien artifacts on several worlds, including Mar Sara.However, over time, numerous reports of growing unrest on Mar Sara began trickling through to the Dominion public.

Mar Sara - StarCraft Wiki - Please contribute to the database on the StarCraft game series; StarCraft II, Lore, Characters, and Gameplay.

Level 14
Ah, so it's because the "unique properties" of the minerals.

That's probably how they're going to explain the high yield minerals.

It's interesting so see the story unfolding.

Level 35
I don't think so. They're just dividing their forces, which is a stupid thing. If I were Mengsk, I'd concentrate on defending all the planets I have left. Let's say you have 100 soldiers to defend your home, but you send 50 out to defend something else? You have a bigger chance of loosing both D:

Level 25
Wow he copied whole thing from Wiki.But Terran Dominion can't left any planet to not be under there control, after UED forces attacked them, and also because of the Zerg.

Ye, I thought it explained better than what I can, I even left the link as a reference, :cwink:

Somehow I think those crystals has something do with Zerg, mutated Zergs?

Level 25
Level 18
Zergs have stop their attacks, protoss are mess, not to mention UED.
They all are unable to fight so Dominion is using this spear time to boost their forces.

"Serve the directorate, serve humanity, all priorities are secondary to Victory. DuGalle out."

But what we should worry about is Duran, anyone play the Dark Origins secret mission in Brood War?

Level 25
"Serve the directorate, serve humanity, all priorities are secondary to Victory. DuGalle out."

But what we should worry about is Duran, anyone play the Dark Origins secret mission in Brood War?

Yupp.

But only Zeratrul knows that for now.And like Dominion cares about that.

I think everyone who knows about it should do what they can. Hell, he's mixing Zerg with Protoss. that's like giving a mammoth drugs.

Level 14
Well supposedly Zeratul is going to tell people. So it should be interesting to see how the story develops.

StarCraft was always my favorite game. I wanna see it unfold.. now! lol.

Level 3
Zeratul tells Raynor, least we are hinted with that with the "The Artifacts are the Key" Gloom and Doom phrases he gave Raynor on the Hyperion cutscene.

There's alot of speculation about what the Dominion is really doing, not due to Mengsk, but due to his son. His son could very well be lying to his father about the reasons for seeking out and studying those artifacts. His son could also be a pawn of Duran, who is manipulating him into lying to his father about finding those artifacts. The plot can get so friggin' deep with the nature that SCs plots usually go. If you wanna' call them usual.

The Artifacts (presumably Xel'naga artifacts) play a LARGE focus in the up coming trilogy. And alot of us have already suspected Duran being of Xel'naga origin himself with the things he said to Zeratul. . . Freakeh.

Status
Not open for further replies.