1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Maps black list

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Afronight_76, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Afronight_76

Afronight_76

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Find a map with a skin or model in it? find out that this map gives no credit to the author? post it here. Here is where you add to the black list of maps tha we need to boycott, the maps that dont give credit.

2. Mini-Me

Mini-Me

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This thread is stupid and u most likely made it because of your own personal experiences (you made a skin or model and found a map that didnt give u credits). I think we need to boycott this thread

3. Modeler

Modeler

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have a feeling this thread is going to lead to flaming very quickly, especialy when the topic of the thread is getting angry at people :p.

Prehaps its best to delete this thread?

4. olofmoleman

olofmoleman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Very good idea Afronight_76, from all the maps I've seen that use my models or skin I think not even 10% gives me credit for them.

5. Ghost27

Ghost27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    v good idead:p i saw so many maps that are using anyone skins/models/icons/spells and other stuff like that...and credits goes to....createor of maps^^ i saw many times that they have write that all are made by them (models skins etc) but when i looked at wc3sear.ch models section(for example) i saw those models and then i saw who made them...it is not fair for creators of models
    i always give credits even if i use only one part of model or something else...

6. shadow1500

shadow1500

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    i think that credit for models/spells/skins shud be required, but people who request credit for cheap recolors or spells that can be easily done is just wrong. icons shud be an exception, many people use over 30 icons in their map and their not gonna populate a list of 30 people who made those icons just to get their map posted here.

7. Afronight_76

Afronight_76

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Mini-Me: foolish noob, this thread was approved by VG, so dont go on saying this is a lame idea or you are INSULTING THE ADMIN!:p anyways i barely play on Bnet, im just sticking up for those who dont like getting their resources uncredited. making a map with resources without credits is like writing a research paper without haveing a bibliography. and im not angry at thsoe people, i'm just trying to create a solution for those who have been jipped out of their hard work....unless of course those skins were just recolors.

edit: so can any of you just list them? but i mostly suggest the more popular games since theres no use in boycotting crappy maps.

8. soulbad

soulbad

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You know its funny every single time EVERY TIME i go into a map testing which if i ever see a name called testing new map i always join i ask them if they have any models and i always ask if they gave credit. :D! Which Credit never appears on the loading screens and i never see them only about 20% of maps i have tested had credits that was in testing. So will do.

9. Mini-Me

Mini-Me

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You expect people to make the credits list on the loading screen? You must be out of your mind, credits belong to the quests.

Afronight: Approved by VG? Sry, doesnt have any impact on my oppinion, i still think this thread is useless and it will most likely to be used to flame. And you allready called me a noob, so im allready seeing this thread going down the drain.

10. qwerty

qwerty

Resources:
    Resources:

11. Mini-Me

Mini-Me

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    qwerty, thank you for that info

12. DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    Put it where you want, but put it in :wink:

13. qwerty

qwerty

Resources:
    Resources:
    i agree. but i would prefer putting it somewhere visible like at the start. that really shows your sincerity :wink:

14. UltiN44B_PCF

UltiN44B_PCF

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'am making an a campaign, I use a few models, no Icons so far. After the 9 maps I have a Map wich shows the modles, with the Models names and the name of the Model creator. I can't give credits in the Loading screen since I write the chapter and campaign name + some story (I dont even put my name!). Also in the Quest log it doesnt really fit (Again I don't put my name here!). The only place I put credits nobody will find it I think. Where you normally see ''No Upkeep'' I put Credits, and when you mouse over it you see my name + the names of model creators, and ofcourse in the last map! As you can see an exeption, and sot here will always be exeptions. You should ban maps, that are cheap rip offs, that give all credit to them selfs (Like someone, mentioned before, some1 saying the models are his :S).

I did itmyself with TechWarsSE, it was really diffrent, but it is never your map!

15. soulbad

soulbad

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You expect people to make the credits list on the loading screen? You must be out of your mind, credits belong to the quests.
    -Mini-Me

Yeah, i do think that credits should be on the loading screen. I sure as hell would want my name on the loading screen especially when some of things that i have seen say please give LOADING SCREEN CREDITS, not all but some.And also just so you know, no i am not out of my mind.

16. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Loading screens have very limited space, which is needed to explain important functions on complicated maps. Credits should be given in the quests.
    -VGsatomi

17. soulbad

soulbad

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    meh.....(Don't like Defeat.)

18. Afronight_76

Afronight_76

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    please people, we are getitng off-topic, just posts names here(and version if it matters)

19. Metal_Sonic

Metal_Sonic

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    WAit a second, I think the going of this thread is good, but it's very easy for people to find loopholes in the credits system. Say I'm make a great map, lots of models, icons, skins, etc. then I protect it. Now, I decide to throw in some credits in a trigger comment. There you go, your credits are there. People may have to dig to find them, but they're there. Even if you don't protect it, I don't usually think that people would look for that kind of thing in the trigger editor, but it's still there. See what I mean?

(Then again, who would really want to hide the names of other people?)

20. Afronight_76

Afronight_76

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    i dont see why anyone would make a trigger, it's jsut logical to put it in the quest menu.