• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Black Lotus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Black Lotus
LOGOGOGOGOG.jpg

Great Clans have fought for domination of Hokkade island for years, until now.
An ancient evil, known as Black Lotus, jailed inside Mokame mountains, has awoken.
It's the curse of humankind, thorn in the flesh and now the
population of Hokkade is in danger. Old enemies ally and fight side
by side against the Unknown. Will the stand last...

Overview

Black Lotus is a teambased hack'n slash mod for Warcraft III.
It's based in dark asian fantasy world. 2 Teams named as
Wolf Clan (good) & Black Lotus (evil) fight each other to achieve victory.
Battles are fought between hero's and armies +50 men and demons.
Between fighting you need to do tasks to win your enemy. Tasks
include things like capturing objectives.

Wolf Clan's goal is to close the demon gate of Black Lotus and defend
thier village.

Black Lotus' goal is to destroy the village of Wolf Clan and defend
their demon gate.

Features

This mod introduces hack'n slash combat system to the warcraft III.
It has been done by following some of the greatest hack'n slash console games
like Dynasty warriors and Ninja Gaiden.
  • BNet compatible.
  • Can hold up to 10 players online.
  • Fluid combat system with loads of action, blood and gore.
  • Exciting arcade feeling.
  • Custom skills, models, animations, skins, sounds and music.
  • More information when the mod progresses.

The Crew

v3Bu aka demonic pidgeon (Project leader, Terrainer, art, sounds and music)
Diehard@Azeroth (Triggerer)
You?

Recruitment

Black Lotus is looking for people to fill the seats in our team. If
you don't mind joining the team, single requests are also very welcome.

We currently need:
  • Triggerers - GUI/JASS, to tweak the combat system
  • Modellers - We need 2 models for our demo map... (and doodads)
  • Animators - ...and those two needs to be animated...
  • Skinners - ...and skinned.
  • Effecters - Yes, you need knowledge of gui and artistic eye to make skills look cool using effects.
  • Story writer - Also needed to make this mods background information more interesting

Credits
People who have already given their effort for this project:

KiD-X
YoshiRyu
RED BARON
valkemiere
Black_Stan

Thank you!

Early stages

In Asian clans, We were doing a micromanagement-game-system based in your mouse reaction time and speed. Then we came to a conclusion that arcade style hack'n slash would work better and be more interesting
(especially in Bnet, which is full of DoTa these days). Our goal is to be something "different" and to give people something "new". We started again from scratch and now we are working with terrain and triggers.

No pictures available yet since I'm trying to find a good atmosphere for the testmap. Testmap is about defending your village from Black Lotus -waves. It's only for testing the combat system and showing people what to expect. Now we need some help to get our testmap out. Triggerers are the most wanted people at the moment.

Other things:
Suggestions for resources of doodads of asian nature replicas are also needed or something which looks similiar.

Game overview might change if people demand this to be a survival hack'n slash.

11/10/07
Major progress in triggering. Diehard@Azeroth achieved to make the combat system work with great quality.

I have been doodling with map editor and made some sketches and measurements of the testmap.

11/11/07
Valkemiere did some really good job with skinning. Chech attachments for result.

Attachments

• asd2.jpg
    asd2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 254
  • asd3.jpg
    asd3.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 265
  • asd.jpg
    asd.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 280
  • HeroMuneyosiYagyu.jpg
    HeroMuneyosiYagyu.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 219
  • wip.jpg
    wip.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Level 4
Thanks. Sure, I'll add you. And Yes, it did. Asian Clans evolved into Black Lotus

Level 4
First Update. Propably the most important one for this projects future. Yes, Diehard managed to make some very neat triggering and made this project possible to continue. Me myself managed to make some sketches of the Mokame mountains. Enjoy.

Our progress with the test map:

Combat system ||||||||||
Terrain ||||||||||
Other things are untouched at the moment.

What do you think about this project?

Last edited:
Level 4
I know.. I'm working on it. Asian trees would improve the view alot. I'm now watching some pictures of the asian landscapes

Alot happend on these few days. A major progress in triggering and skinning. Check first post for pics

Combat system ||||||||||
Terrain ||||||||||
Skins ||||||||||

I would like to hear what you think of this.

Last edited:
Level 4
That's good to hear. I'll bombard you with PMs.

Valkemiere has been very busy doing the first hero. I added a ingame shot of him (that terrain behind him has nothing to do with the project). Yes, The model is wip And we cant continue it without an animator or someone who can do decent animations.

Level 4
Well we start thinking about the heros after the test map is ready. Nothing has been decided yet, but I have some concepts done though.

Basic Combat system explained:

Ordinary wc3 combat system: You order your unit to attack, then the unit moves next to the target, stops, and starts smashing.

Black Lotus combat system:You can't order your unit to attack. Instead you have an attack key. Lets call hit hotkey Z! When you press it while moving you won't stop, hero swings his sword and damages enemies infront, theres no cooldown, so more rapiddly you press it, more rappidly your hero attacks basic attacks :D (this is how it is at the moment, when we start inventing heros this might change). So basically
You can run around and smash your enemies at the same time. HACK n SLASH! As we have tested this, It's hell of a lot of fun. We also included knockback, which makes it even more interesting. We will propably include basic jump skill too. So you can jump from high cliffs and ambush your enemies. Great Fun!

Movement is performed with a mouse.

Our goal is to a release a test map on next month.

Last edited:
Level 34
No arrow movement? I suggest adding that in, I would think it would get annoying having to click where you want to go and hit Z. It would be far easier to move around with arrows and hit Z.

Level 10
Heh im doing the combat system atm, and it is extremely hard to do some of the stuff.
bugs im currently solving:
-when unit is knocked back, he cannot attack. (almost fixed) When you move unit via polar projection they cannot attack, same goes with normal move ability. I have tackled this by creating a visual particle and treating the particle as if its the actual knocked back unit.
-when a unit slashes or attacks (Z) he should not stop when casting the spell(fixed).
these are just some of many, since this system isnt something blizzard gave us the ability to make, i gotta say, this is probably the hardest task i had to do ( yes im using gui ^^) though im keeping some functions in so Knockback can go fluently along with restrictions and such.
BUG that is annoying me the most: UnitRemoveAbilityBJ() isnt removing locust from a unit..

this might take some time to fix along with a bug which makes me not remove a unit when i remove it from the game which is annoyning..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.