• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Map Unprotection..Don't worry, only need some information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I saw many threads regarding map unprotection here, then I assumed that only sharing unprotected maps or telling how to do it is prohibited here, right?..and not information sharing I hope?

None of those threads involved giving clues on how to recover terrain data, particularly units on the map like gold mines, creeps, etc. Which war3map.xxx holds the data of already created units on the map? Or is there any other file that does it? Or is there any file at all?:S

My intentions are good, it's only for private usage. I don't care about scripts, codes or other stuffs, I only need the map that has units on it thats all.

Level 8
Yeah...map was protected poorly it seems, or probably has multiple protection ways on it, but I noticed that war3map.j was kept, hid in /scripts folder, I moved it to its real place, to root directory but it still didn't give me what I wanted. Am I supposed to do something special on that file to make it work?

Yeah...map was protected poorly it seems, or probably has multiple protection ways on it, but I noticed that war3map.j was kept, hid in /scripts folder, I moved it to its real place, to root directory but it still didn't give me what I wanted. Am I supposed to do something special on that file to make it work?

The map script only runs in-game, not in the editor.

All editor data has probably been destroyed, and your only chance is to read the war3map.j to find out the positions of pre-placed things.

The relevant lines should be in the main function of the script.

Status
Not open for further replies.