• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Unplayable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Ok, so today I try to play my map to test it out, but wc3 won't let me. When I use the "Test Map" feature in NewGen WE (with war3err on) it just dumps me in wc3's main menu instead of loading the map. When I manually start up wc3 (normal wc3 and NewGen wc3) and go to the custom games folder, I can select my map, but when I do none of the player slots come up, however the minimap does, and when I click Start Game it just loops me back to the custom game menu.

I've never had a problem like this with my map or ANY other map in wc3 before. Anyone have any clues as to what's going on?

Level 11
Yes. Some part of the map is corrupted. Most likely the script, make sure one of the syntax checkers is active. (WE or JassNewGen's) I often get this problem when I make a mistake in my script and I don't run a syntax checker.

Level 11
I have syntax checker running (Jasshelper, since I can't use WE's syntax checker cuz of vJass), and it's not giving me any errors. My map was fine up until today, but I guess I'll get rid of the code I added since the good version in case Jasshelper is missing something and see if that makes any difference.

Level 11
If its not that, then its imports. Some imports don't effect WE that do effect the game. If you added any recently try removing them.

Level 11
I've just gone through and deleted all new code I've added since the last working version. I've also deleted all recently added imported files, but it's still not working. The only thing different in my map now than it was when it last worked is that I'm using CSData and CS dynamic arrays in places where I used gamecache before, but I don't think that would cause this kind of problem.

EDIT: It seems I spoke too soon. Apparently it IS either CSData or CS dynamic arrays that is causing the problem. Gonna do some more tests to see which one it is.

EDIT: Ok it was the dynamic arrays, though I still don't know exactly why. *sigh* Now I'm stuck to using slow gamecache again.

Last edited:
Level 19
damn press save button then test map
you cant test map unless you dont save changes
so if there is "*" thing you cant test

Level 11
Need_O2 said:
damn press save button then test map

Last time I checked saving a map doesn't affect if I'm able to play it or not in wc3:

aznricepuff said:
When I manually start up wc3 (normal wc3 and NewGen wc3) and go to the custom games folder, I can select my map, but when I do none of the player slots come up, however the minimap does, and when I click Start Game it just loops me back to the custom game menu.

But I already know that w/e the problem was it was caused by some code concerning CS dynamic arrays.

Level 19
Look if you try to test your map without saving (if there is a * sign up)
Testing will open the war3tft main menu.
You need to save your map then test
You need to be seeing no * sign near map name up there while pressing test map
Got it ?

(And they say me to not flame. hey poot this is flaming -rep pls)

Status
Not open for further replies.