• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Map Tileset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I just want to find out what tilesets dota map uses, as I aim to customizing it myself (changing everything, from UI, to tilesets and everything). And for that I don't need JNGP, just .mpq and mpq editors. Can anybody figure out which tileset(s) the map uses? I have gone through each multiple times now, and only found a tileset for scourge. It seems that scourge uses Blight (Felwood tileset), how do I replace it with a custom tileset? What paths tilesets hold in mpq?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Open the map's .w3e file (there is only 1) in a hex editor. The tileset code is within the first 64 bytes in the form of a single ASCII letter. If the custom tileset flag is set then use the list of terrain type IDs and cliff type IDs to see how it was customized.

Blight cannot be replaced as it is hard coded (not a normal tile type, rather a tile flag). One might be able to force a different blight texture by overwriting it with an imported texture.

Status
Not open for further replies.