• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I have started redoing all the terrain for my map Zombie Wars. Now it's all dark and scary. :D
I like feedback.

(Please excuse the white stripe on picture three. I'm toolazy to fix it.)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 270
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 223
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Level 3
looks good but all i can see are tiles and shadows of trees and stuff.
how will u be able to kill anything in that small amount of vision? or r u meant to build something that provides vision?

Level 19
Waaaay too dark. Maybe spread the hero's light twice as much (so it's not concetrated on him, but spreads around unnoticably). Add some light sources in distant places. Fire. Street lamp. Light torch by the fresh corpse.

What he said!

Level 19
I'm gonna keep it this dark. It's supposed to be with zombies and stuff, and dark = scary. : <

Good point, but did you think about people with a pretty sucky screen? I have a pretty good screen myself and don't have problems with it, but I'm sure some ppl will hardly see anything in the map. Maybe you can make a function that allows players to select a game mode with lamps or withoud lamps or something?

Level 35
Good point, but did you think about people with a pretty sucky screen? I have a pretty good screen myself and don't have problems with it, but I'm sure some ppl will hardly see anything in the map. Maybe you can make a function that allows players to select a game mode with lamps or withoud lamps or something?

Having such a function would make the people with the good screens just exploit the function and simply straight forewards use it. And thus it would just be a pain for them to have to access the function each time, making them irritated at the darkness of the map and thus taking away the whole concept. I have to say that personally I can see no problems in having it this dark. Considering what is already said.

Did I also mention that I am quite looking forewards to this? Megafyr :)

Level 19
Yes, I have, but darkness wasn't really much of a problem as far as I can remember. : < Anyway, alot of people should be having an LCD screen by now, and for those who don't, they still should be able to adjust their screen settings.

@Keiji: I will do my best. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.