• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Crash] Map String Data Crashed! Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello Hive Workshop Community...

I have now searched the whole evening in order to solve this bug.

I read many other Threads in which this problem was mentioned and i was wondering that no one had a convincing solution to offer.

All the Custom Strings in my map have changed to 'TRIGSTR ####'
As far as i know, this bug exists because of a corruption of war3map.wts.

But the fatal thing about this bug is, that a typing mistake of a custom script caused it.
I cant believe that there is no solution for this problem, because there are so many people out there for which this crash could have happened.

YES, i do have an earlier version of the map, but im not willing to redo things for which i wasted severeal hours or even days.

Hoping to get my map fixed soon

Pyro

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If you use JNGP you can just restore to a previous save before this happened.

Alternativly you could import the strings file from an older version into your new version to fix the curropted file. This might not restore strings made after the previous version nor might all strings be attached to the correct fields but most strings should be in the correct place.

Level 5
If you use JNGP you can just restore to a previous save before this happened.

Alternativly you could import the strings file from an older version into your new version to fix the curropted file. This might not restore strings made after the previous version nor might all strings be attached to the correct fields but most strings should be in the correct place.

I also thought about that, but i stopped as i did not know how i could extract this single file from a map...
Would be nice if s.o. could tell me how to do that
I definitely want to import the .wts file from the previous version.

Status
Not open for further replies.